Shocking news

Shirayuki's POV

I stared at the chief with complete shock clearing shown in my eyes. I was in complete disbelief.

" Pregnant? What? No it can't..." I said quickly almost as if it was one word.

" It could be possible, I mean you and Zen are married and... I'm sure you did stuff on your honeymoon." She said with a blush on her face

" It's.. just I'm not ready for a baby, I mean it's such a huge responsibility and not to mention it will be the heir to this kingdom"

" Well sweetie, you don't have to worry about anything yet, you haven't even taken the test yet." She tried to comfort me but it didn't really help in all honesty.

" Okay... I will take the test.." I said in defeat

"Well then, good thing I brought my Pregnancy tests with me" she smiled

" Were you just hoping that I would be pregnant?" I giggled

" You can never be to sure when it will happen ,Now get in there and take the test" she said practically pushing me to the bathroom.

I took the test and had to wait a few minutes for the results. But in those 3 minutes of the waiting period i was already sweating with anticipation and horror at the thought of being pregnant.

But one I turned that test over and saw those two pink lines. My mind simply wondered over to Zen and how he would react.

When I stepped out of the bathroom the cheif took and test and glanced at it once before smiling up at me.

" Congratulations shirayuki, your going to be a mother" she stated in excitement but for me. I wasn't too excited. But then again I was happy.

" Are you gonna tell your husband?" She asked me and I shook my head

" not yet.." I said simply and I'm complete utter shock.

She patted my shoulder " it will be fine, take your time. No rush." She tried to comfort me.

"Just remember shirayuki, you can't be under any stress for the next 9 months. It could cause you to miscarriage and I know you wouldn't want that to happen. So try and not overwork yourself."

She said packing up her things. " I will let his highness back inside. And don't worry I won't mention anything for now" she smiled and opened the door and there was Zen. With a face of worry trying to read cheif's face as if wondering if I was okay.

" Don't worry your highness, she is just fine. She just needs some rest." She and and turned back to wink at me before leaving.

Zen walked over to our bed and sat down and I immediately went into his arms.

" Are you really okay?" He asked softly. Whilst running his hand through my red locks.

" Yes Zen I'm fine" I reassured him.
__•_••_•_•_•_••_•_•_••_•_•_•_••_•_•_••_••
As the weeks went on I began to get more and more morning sickness, causing concern for Zen. I soon decided I would finally tell him in a way that I felt it would be comfortable for me.

I wrote down a small poem on a pieced paper and worded it very carefully so he would have to think of the meaning.

The poem read~

"This is going to be a big surprise,
No guesses or even a prize.
We are over the moon,
Because we are expecting so very soon.
I hope you enjoy this poem of clues
Can you figure out the exciting news?"

I was hoping he wouldn't get it instantly because that would just ruin the fun of him taking forever to figure it out.

It may now be the best poem but it would make telling him so much more fun.

I folded the paper and stuck in
The envelope and even tied a small ribbon around it.

I walked throughout the long hallways and admired the beauty that is this castle.

When i reaches the large door of Zens office I knocked carefully on the marble door.

" come in" I heard him say. His voice was like chocolate so smooth and rich.

I walked into his office and there he was still doing paper work.

However he smiled and stood up quickly and walked over to be and hugged me close to him.

" hello darling, what's up?" He asked me
I didn't say a word and just handed him the envelope.

He looked a bit confused but opened the letter and unfolded the poem.
He read it carefully and even thought very hard about it.

" It's a poem?" He asked
" Yes, but a very special one, read it carefully" I instructed him. He even read it aloud a few times

" We are expec..." his eyes lit up. And looked at me in shock.
" Wait.. so your?" He asked seeking out Answers.
I nodded me head and he immediately hugged me closer to him.
" Oh my god, we're going to be parents!" Mitsuhide and Kiki just stood there in shock as of the thought of a mini zen running around the castle. 
" Thank you shirayuki." Zen said and I smiled
And hugged him closely with tears of joy running down both our cheeks.

•_•_••_•_•_•\•_•••<•~••~•~•~•|••_•\¥~£|¥•

So how was it?
Sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I have rarely any time these days since it's almost my senior year. And I'm super excited to finally get this chapter out.

:) hope you liked it.