four

B E C A

Dani, my sister, and I were currently at the local coffee shop, I didn't want to be in the house any longer. I left to be alone but Dani followed me out. My step-dad wouldn't care and I am sure my mum wouldn't either. It was a little early so the shop was pretty empty, it was only half 7 in the morning.

"You know he didn't mean it right?" Dani said, breaking the silence

"Dan, you say that every time, yet he does it again" I mumbled quietly

She just sighed and dropped the conversation.

"I better get going, I only have half an hour to get to school" I huffed, standing up

"Text me if you need anything"

I just nodded, making my way to the school. I loved my sister but I just hated how she stuck up for that man. I couldn't understand what she liked about him, he was awful and I knew I couldn't do anything about it because if I was to mention anything then my mother would just ignore me or think I was lying. I didn't want to upset her, I always seem to do that.

When I had arrived at school I saw I was 5 minutes late, brilliant. As if this doesn't happen enough. I had History so I guess it wasn't too bad since my teacher actually liked me. Once I got in the class he just smiled at me.

"You are partnered with Stacie for this lesson, she will tell you what needs to be done," He told me and I nodded

Stacie and I have never spoken. Who am I kidding. No one in this class and I have spoken. The only person I have talked to in this school was Chloe and I regret that but I had no choice.

"All we have to do is read over these two chapters and write about the main points and why we think they decided to take this action to the opposite country," Stacie told me

I nodded and began reading through one of the chapters. I feel like I have spent the past 4 years of my life nodding. I never spoke to anyone but my sister and sometimes my mother. You can't say things wrong if you don't speak at all. It just works out best for everyone.

"You know Chloe was a little upset about you not wanting to be friends," She told me

Why would she be upset? I am nothing special, I am just the weird kid to everyone. I looked at her and just shrugged at her. I wasn't being rude because I am pretty sure that made it look like I didn't care. Chloe was different from everyone else in this school, she was the first person I even spoke to, that is something that doesn't happen to me.

Stacie didn't say anything else to me after that. After I had read through the chapter, I wrote about what she told me. I handed her my piece of paper with my notes on and she thanked me. I know this was probably meant to be a group thing and not us both doing a chapter each but I wasn't going to speak so that isn't how we did it.

After the lesson was finally over I made my way to English. On my way over to the English corridor, someone bumped into me. I grunted but carried on walking, not bothering to see who it was.

"Are you not going to say sorry!" I heard someone shout

I knew he was talking to me. All I did was turn around and shook my head. I noticed he was now making his way over to me. This is why I wish sometimes I actual talked! I wouldn't be in this situation right now if I did.

"Next time watch where you are going!" He spat harshly, pushing me into the lockers

At this point, a bunch of people had turned to look at us. I didn't say anything, just nodded. I tried walking away but he shoved me back into the lockers.