Chapter 10: The Rest of The Story

The four friends sat silently in the office, covered in mud, dirt, Dark spirit flakes, and a few cuts and bruises. Cliff's backpack was at his feet, safely between his legs with all five keys still inside.
"We did it." Cliff said breaking the silence. The thought sent a rush of satisfaction through the group. They smiled at each other.
"You got your kiss, too." Duvin added, Cliff gave him a playful shove.
"I think you have something to tell Vinyl, Duvin." Cliff added slyly. He rubbed his neck.
"Nah, I think we'll wait awhile longer." Duvin smiled. Vinyl nodded in agreement as the Headmaster walked in. The kids fell silent and all sat perfectly straight. He stood up in front of all the students in silence.
"Cliff Emmetson." He commanded. He stood. The Headmaster took a good look at Cliff before giving him a bear hug. Duvin snorted at the surprise. "Well done, my boy." He cheered.
"Thank you, sir." She smiled. He nodded then proceeded to shake everyone's hands. He then sat at his desk.
"In thanks of catching Viktor Bloodburn, we have granted Vinyl and Duvin to become a guard at the Penitentiary..." he looked at Duvin "don't mess up this time." He nodded biting his knuckle. "Sabrina to be... the official professor of Spirits and studies" Cliff looked over at Sabrina, she gleamed brighter than anything cliff had ever seen before. "And Cliff. The first Protector if this era." He felt an overwhelming feeling of joy. This is it. He smiled as the Headmaster handed him a new arm holster, and a brand new, glimmering handle for his wand. Duvin received a badge, and Vinyl and Sabrina recurved uniforms.
The four walked out of the room with their new studies and young students surrounded them, excited to see their new cool stuff.
"Wow!" One boy called, holding Duvin's badge. They all cheered and wanted to hear the whole story.
"So we fought the great Viktor Bloodburn until finally, he gave up!" Duvin cheered. The kids ooed.
"I wanna be a Protector just like you!" One little girl cheered. The kids laughed, but he shushed them. "You'd be surprised at what you can do when you believe not only in yourself, but those who look after you, and help you along the way." He spoke and then handed her his wand, making her day. All the kids who laughed suddenly wanted to hold the wand too, but cliff let her take it all in.

Cliff slept soundly on the toilet seat as he jerked awake at the sound of the slamming door. He quickly sent a spell that made the books disappear quickly. He poked his head out to see nobody in sight. As he walked to the sink and adjusted his scarf, he went out of the bathroom and through the library. The city was bustling busily as wizards teleported through the Portalis with the humans to travel to different places. They had designed the Portalis for humans in the city, then separate ones for the wizards that allowed them to quickly come from the human to the wizard world. He smiled at the new additions. He then held his watch out that sent a small beam of light and sent him teleporting up to the top of the capital building. There, he sat eating some trail mix as birds perched on his knees. That's when he heard another wizard teleport behind him.
"Cliff." She greeted. He turned to see Sabrina in a brand new uniform for her new role at Potentes Sunt.
"You're beautiful." He told her as they stood together. She smiled and he took her hands
"Thank you." She smiled pulling her hair back. Cliff then leaned in slowly as Sabrina did as well. They kissed as their hands began glowing once again, sending streaks far up into the sky. As the sun set, the two stood frozen in time. Everything... was perfect...

 was perfect