Chapter Twenty - Four: Amends |✔

January 24, 2019 ~ Eight Months and Twenty - Three Days

"You've got each other

That's your mother"

~Sugarland // Mother

"I am finally free!" Ricardo exclaimed, his weight making one side of the bed uneven as he plopped down onto my bed

"I am finally free!" Ricardo exclaimed, his weight making one side of the bed uneven as he plopped down onto my bed. I moaned turning over in the plush covers, the sun had barely come up to tell me it was time to awaken and he was already being bothersome.

"I'm trying to get my beauty sleep, Ricardo."

"That's silly. You're beautiful already." I covered my face to hide the grin appearing on my face. He laughed softly as I hid under these covers.

"Stop being so cheesy," I mumbled out now sitting up against my mahogany headboard. My back throbbed as I sat up, the triplets were causing an endless amount of tension on my back. I refuse to go to the hospital because I know I can carry them to full term or even over that. His full lips curled up into a smile as he reached for my abdomen. His touch made my stomach do turns and the babies it held began to kick. His closeness was enough to make my head spin, and the fresh woody scent of his cologne crept up and invaded my senses. His hand caressed my stomach moving up and down my sides. I watched him stare at my bump in awe.

His deep dimples caved his cheeks in while he felt the kicks patter against his hand, "They must like me."

"I hope so, you are their dad." I comment as the kicks continue without a halt, "May you please remove your hand I have to use the restroom and their kicking isn't helping what's so ever." The doorbell sounded throughout the house, "You should go get that."

"But I don't wanna." He pouted.

"Why not Ricky?" I question, my bladder was going to explode at any moment, if I had to let it out he's going to be the one cleaning up the mess.

"Because what if it's someone I don't want to talk to."

"How about this, I go to the restroom and meet you downstairs whilst you let the person who keeps ringing that annoying doorbell in." He groaned, got up and left my room as I went to relieve myself.

~*~

"I am sorry." I heard the pleading voice say as I made my way down the final steps. Ruri, Ricardo's mom, came into view her attire was all elegant and polished as if she had someplace important to be. She looked beautiful for once and not the monstrous woman off of the One Hundred And One Dalmatians, what's her name again? Anyways, I hate to admit it but she seemed pleasant.

"Mom, no you're not," Ricardo commenced, he advanced towards the couch as he sat down. His mom closed the door and the end of her elongated red dress trailed behind her as her shoes sparkled and gleamed, "You just want us to make an appearance at your stupid rich people convention."

She moves her head left to right, "You are acting just like your dad right now, you used to come to these 'stupid rich people conventions' all the damn time. You and Vicky would have the time of your life Ricardo."

"No mom she would have the time of her life, and she and I are no longer together so I have no reason to go anymore," Ricardo replies trying to reason with her as I slowly tiptoed into the living room even more.

"Ricardo listen to me. I am even inviting Rosalynna to go too," Ricardo made a face at her, his eyes glaring, even more, his eyes concentrating, "what did I do? Did I not say her name right?"

"How far along is she?" Ricardo inquiries, he glanced my way quickly and then turns back to speak to her, "When was her baby shower?"

"I don't know."

"Better yet, what are the babies' names?"

"Ricardo I am sorry okay, I am. I wasn't there for you I get the point you're trying to get at." She pleaded, her eyes began to water as she spoke, "I miss you and I don't want to miss out on the chance of being there for my grandchildren." Ricardo went soundless, "Ricardo please say something."

I never understood that it was possible Ruri and Ricardo had a close relationship, that maybe I was breaking their relationship apart, "Mom, why are you here?"

"Because I want you guys at the annual ball, and I want to know all about her," Ruri said acknowledging my presence as she glanced my way, she now was speaking in my direction, "I want to get to know you, Rosa. I truly, and deeply apologize for missing everything and how I acted when I first met you." I wanted to welcome the idea of her being honest especially when her thin lips quivered as if she was going to cry at any second. I couldn't help but grin a little, there were no baby names and there wasn't any baby shower yet either. Her arched eyebrows furrowed close together in confusion, "There was no baby shower was there?" My head shook before I even looked to see what Ricardo was going to say, "No baby names?" I shook my head once more.

"I think you should go." Ricardo says now rising, "I don't wanna go to the stupid ball."

"If you don't go then I won't." She responded folding her arms, her body still attached to the sofa.

"You'd miss it?" He questions, shock written on his face as he sat back down beside his mother. Ricardo had told me about this annual ball, where rich people stood around dancing in elaborate gowns and suits, and the single people would try and flatter one another through dancing. The ball was something that everyone knew about but only family members and the elite got invited to.

"Yes." She said as she began to take her hair down, the dark chocolate hair was pinned into an updo until it flowed down to her sides. I finally wandered over sitting down beside Ricardo on the empty cushion, "But honestly we need to hold a baby shower. I can't accept that she is almost due and you guys haven't chosen even one name yet, it's just one baby it's not that hard."

"Mom, I told you there are three and you are overdoing it," Ricardo said.

"I'm sorry, I guess I do get a little over the top when I start to think too much." She sighed, "Can I please plan my grandchildren's baby shower?"

"Of course ma," Ricardo responded prompting a tight hug from his mother. Her lips stretched into a smile as she held him close.