12. "Those Memories "

Written by: justagirl_1234

***

Please tell us your story

Do you remember the time where you promised me you would never hurt me? I trusted you because believe it or not I really did love you with all my heart even though I was just young and naive. I remember the day I first saw you, you were dressed in blue denim jeans and a red shirt that really made your eyes shine. Maybe it was love at first sight, if there is such a thing but at that moment I knew I was doomed.

As time passed, we started to talk and became friends, but you wanted to become something more, when you asked me out, I was overwhelmed and couldn't control the squeal that left my mouth that day. When you took me out on our first date, we talked about so many silly things and laughed until tears formed in our eyes. A month passed of pure bliss and you started to distance yourself from me, whenever I would lay my head on your chest, you would shrug me off and tell me to leave you alone.

As the days went by you became manipulative saying if I didn't do what you told me to you would kill yourself. I became afraid of who you become and wanted to break up with you so many times but couldn't. One day, when we were in the school bus, your hands crept up on my thighs but I ignored it because I knew you wouldn't do anything like that, but I was wrong, you started to become a person who was really unknown to me, whenever I said something you would tell me to shut up and endure the pain.

You started to sexually harass me touching me everywhere and I was scared that one day you'd do something worse. A year passed, and I finally got the courage to let you go and as I did, I saw the pain in your eyes, I believe in your own way, you did love me, but it wasn't that kind of love where we were comfortable with each other, it was a love that was doomed. 

***

What do you want others to learn from your story?

No matter whatever you're going through, don't forget that you're strong and if someone is trying to bring you down leave that person before it's too late.