02 ✧ prologue

"(Y/n) slow down." Itachi said out as he grabbed the over active six year old. Who only pouted at the feeling of her older brother slowing her down.

"But we're going so slow!" (Y/n) whined out as she looked up at her older nii-san.

"We will arrive at the store in a bit (y/n)." Itachi chuckled out as his little sister puffed her chubby cheeks out with a small pout on her young face.

"But if we go faster we will be there sooner." (Y/n) once more whined out as she looked down at her moving feet. Which in her opinion were going to slow for her taste.

"We must have patience (y/n)." Itachi softly said as he looked once more towards his little sister. Who only pouted more but slowly nodded her head.

"We're here!" (Y/n) slightly screamed out in enthusiasm. Catching the attention of a couple of people that were passing by the young child.

Itachi only laughed quietly before picking up (y/n) who was squirming in his hold. As he opened the door to the little cafe.

"Dangos dangos dangos!" (Y/n) excitedly chanted as her beautiful dark eyes glinted with excitement as she stared at the wonderful treats.

This fueled (y/n) to squirm harder as Itachi finally placed her down. (Y/n) now practically jumping up and down in her spot.

"Calm down (y/n)." Itachi slightly scolded the young girl who rapidly nodded her head to her brother's request. (Y/n) held on tightly to her older brothers hand as her eyes filled with curiosity scanned the room. Before a male with with gray hair caught her attention.

"Why is he wearing a mask?" (Y/n) thought as she stared at the older male. The young girl only glanced at her brother who was busy ordering.

As she slipped her hand out of his hand before heading towards the intriguing male. (Y/n) stopped in front of the male before looking up at him with curiosity.

Before she tugged slightly in his shirt hoping to get his attention. Kakashi was reading his book before a tug on the bottom of his shirt caught his attention.

He peered down only to see a little girl who had a wide smile on her face. Who waved her hand at him when she noticed she had his attention.

"An Uchiha." Kakashi thought as he looked at the crest embedded in her dress. "Hi mister." Her cute voice caught his attention as he looked her in her dark but bright eyes.

"Hello, what's your name?" Kakashi decided to ask her the basics watching her brighten up considerably.

"(Y/n) Uchiha." (Y/n) excitedly told her new friend as she waited for him to introduce himself. "Kakashi Hatake." He simply said as he put his book down as he scanned the room for her parents.

(Y/n) only smiled more as she reached her arms out for him to pick her up. Pouting for a second when he didn't comply with her wishes.

Letting out a small giggle when her new friend picked her up and placed her on his lap. "Where are your parents?" Kakashi decided to ask the small but cute child in his lap.

"(Y/n), why did you run off?" Itachi appeared with dangos in his hands. But a deep frown was set upon his face.

"Ah, I'm sorry Kakashi-senpai." Itachi apologized as he placed the treats down on the table before picking up his little sister.

(Y/n) only pouted when she was removed from Kakashi's lap as she placed her small head on Itachi's shoulder.

"So she's your little sister you always talk about." Kakashi said out as he looked at the pouting child.

"Yes, but she usually never runs off like this though." Itachi simply said as he frowned at (y/n) who only averted her gaze away from him.

"Kashi is my new friend nii-san." (Y/n) chanted out before reaching her hands once more to Kakashi.

Kakashi smiled under his mask quite amused from the nickname that came from the small Uchiha.

Itachi only sighed as he adjusted his grip on his little sister who was now pouting at the action.

"I bought you your dango (y/n)." Itachi tried distracting her as she stared up at him with a wide smile.

"I wanna eat dango with Kashi!" (Y/n) excitedly screamed out as she squirmed more determined to get out of the hold.

Kakashi let out a small chuckle as he looked at the pair of siblings.

"You can sit here Itachi. I don't mind." Kakashi amusedly called out as he watched the young girl's dark eyes brighten up.

Itachi only sighed as (y/n) squealed out in happiness as he took the seat in front of Kakashi.

(Y/n) not wasting anytime, she was instantly telling Kakashi all about herself before telling him about her day. While Kakashi just nodded his head along to the small child. All while Itachi smiled softly as his little sister.

"I hope you keep this innocence with you forever (y/n)."