19 ✔️

CHAPTER NINETEEN :

4 Years Later...

It was a typical Wednesday morning in the Kim household. Their small van became a brand new one; more sophisticated and sleek than the beaten-up car the father used to have. The door opens and a small group of children start to file near the vehicle, the driver nowhere to be seen. Jin stomped at the older brothers' room, almost slamming the door open as he eyes the eldest brother dozing off (even from the alarm) for the 2nd time this week.

"Joon!" Jin sighed frustratingly as he grabs the sheets covering the male, throwing it off to the floor as the adolescent male groaned from the icy wind tickling his skin. "Hmgh..." Namjoon flopped to his side, an eye opening to look at his weary father with hands on his sides. "Your brothers are waiting for you, and look at you—"

"Oh shi—"

"LANGUAGE! AND HURRY UP!" Jin gritted, almost slapping Namjoon's arm while the child dashes towards the bathroom, forgetting his clothes and slamming the door shut. Jin moaned and scratched his head, almost pulling every strand of his hair from his follicles because of Namjoon's frustrating behavior.

It has been 4 years since Jin and the other children have distanced away from each other, a transition that will never be forgotten by the family. Jin knew the kids have grown up with a wall slowly being built between them, and he couldn't do anything to stop it. He even tried to convince the kids to tell him what they want, but of course, they insisted that they don't really want to do anything. They really didn't want to pursue their own dreams, despite their father's persistence. They thought that their father would just be disappointed with what they would want to be in the future, so they put on a shell that made them be separated from each other.

They really are stubborn, but Jin was used to it, although sometimes he regrets his big mouth and expressive emotions showing on his (handsome) face that made the kids just look away. Whenever he tries to smile or say something, they would look down and away, just showing their ears that they're listening.

It has been like that for 4 years, and he felt like his 6 kids hate him.

"Buckle up." Jin sighs as he slams the car door closed after Namjoon finally rushed inside, buckling his own seatbelt and looked at the overview mirror. He could see almost all the kids looking away, except for Jimin and Taehyung who are quietly bickering on the back. Jungkook stay seated on the passenger side, a frown on his lips. Jin put the car on reverse, and went to their school with a small smile. Now that 5 of his kids are in elementary, while the eldest is in junior high school, he felt ease that they are quite mature now. He didn't need to buy lots of toys for them, and instead bargain them with yummy food that Jin can either cook or buy. They love love food, which is why its easier to talk to them with their lowered guard when he offers food.

"Have fun!" He shouts before the door shuts, Jungkook giving a small smile and wave to his father while the others quietly went inside. Only Jungkook has a soft side for his father, because of what happened a year ago. This made him understand his father more and have a different perspective from his brothers.

Jungkook (aged 7) had a very awful nightmare, and he couldn't sleep at 2 am in the early morning. He thought this was bad, since he has a quiz on that day in Mathematics, his most hated subject of all. Sure, he likes Science and maybe English, but Mathematics is a no-no for Kookie.