Chapter 2

Evan POV

Wow. Connor actually wanted to help me not be sad. Crazy concept, right?

It's Monday. I hate Mondays. Mostly because we have to do group activities in English every Monday and we have to present an idea to the class. No one ever wants to read, so they make me and I don't want to tell them no.

After 55 minutes of dread, I went outside for break. Connor came up and we started talking. It wasn't even hard.

"Just wondering, who stood you up Saturday night?"

"Oh. Uh this girl I liked for a while."

"Does she have a name?"

"Well duh. Zoe Murphy."

"Fuck."

Zoe POV

I was paid twenty bucks to say yes and stand up that guy. What was his name? I think it was Evan. I didn't even know he existed until after my last jazz band concert when he introduced himself so awkwardly I wanted to throw up.

~

Connor POV

Saturday night was when Zoe had Alana over and they did face masks and all that beauty shit. Why would she stand someone up on purpose? Ugh she's such a bitch sometimes.

When she got home after jazz band practice, she went up to her room to do her homework. I was standing by the bathroom against the wall, near her door.

"What do you want, shit head?"

"Weren't you supposed to be somewhere yesterday? Like an Italian place?"

"Not really. Why do you care?"

"So you purposely didn't go out with him?"

"Again, why do you care?" Her phone buzzed and she looked down at it, barely paying attention to the conversation.

"Because that's a bitchy thing to do. He was really excited to go out with you and you made him cry."

"So? I was paid to. It was a joke."

"That's fucked up."

"So are you. Now go smoke or whatever the hell you do with your free time. I've got nails to paint." With that, she went into her room and shut the door.

I sighed and walked into my room. I crawled out the window, onto the roof and stayed there until my mom called me for dinner. Vegan lasagna again? Gross.