Kidnapped and Forced to Enter a World of Fantasy Chapter One

Chapter One

Have you ever had one of those gut feelings that something bad was going to happen soon, well I've had that feeling for the past couple of days. I've been so paranoid that I can't concentrate on anything. My parents are starting to worry about me and my little sister is getting freaked out. I hate worrying my parents and scaring my sister but I can't shake this feeling.

I was walking to school with my headphones in listening to KoRn when I felt like someone was following me. I stopped and looked behind me only to find a stray cat looking back at me. I shrugged my shoulders and turned around and continued walking. When I reached school I saw my friends sitting by the building but I didn't want to go over to them. So instead I put my hood on and walked around the building to the other door and walked in and went to the library. I went over to the furthest corner and took my journal out of my bag and started to write random thoughts down.

Just as I'm zoning out the bell rings and interrupts my thoughts. I frown and gather up all of my stuff and head to history class. Surprisingly the first half of the day past quickly but I was dreading lunch I don't know why but I had one of those gut feelings again. I'm beginning to hate them. I reach my lunch table with my friends and just as I'm about to sit down my name is called over the intercom.

"Hey Emma, I'm sure everything is alright. I know you are worrying since you know something bad is going to happen. Just remember to breathe," My best friend Liz says as I trudge to the office.

"Thanks Liz, I'll text you later and tell you what happened. Loves ya."

When I open the door to the office I am met by a cold breeze and the chatter of the old ladies gossiping about pointless people and things. They finally stop talking when the door slams shut.

"Oops, umm I got called here," I say nervously.

"Oh yes. You must be Ms. Martinez, well your mom called saying that there was a family emergency and that you must come home right away. So here is your pass to get off campus. Have a nice day," one of the ladies said and handed me a bright yellow piece of paper.

"Thank you," I say with venom in my voice and snatch the paper out of her hand.

I walk home in silence; I have too much going through my mind to listen to music. The walk home seemed so much longer than it really is. When I see my street I speed my pace up and when I round the corner I see my house door wide open. I automatically know something is wrong my parents never leave the door open since my sister is 4 and will walk outside and get lost. I run faster than I have ever before. I stop when I get to my door. I look in and see the place a mess, it looks like a tornado happened inside my living room.

I walked inside careful not to step on anything. I walk into my dining room to find my parents at the table in tears. They look worse than when my Aunt died.

"Mom, dad, what happened here? Where is Izzy?"

"Oh Emma, someone took her. We came home from the store and I put her down on the lawn to play when I saw the door wide open so I climbed up the stairs. When I got to the top I heard her scream and turned around in time to see her being put in a white van by a tall guy." My mom cried.

"OH MY GOD!!!!"

"Emma you need to calm down. Please calm down. The police are on their way." My dad said rationally.

"But dad they took her she is just so---------"

Something being put loudly on the door interrupted me. I went to look and all I found was a note on the door written in elegant script.

Mr. and Mrs. Martinez,

The daughter we took was not the one we were looking for. We will trade you this young one for the one with gray eyes. Meet us tonight at midnight at the park down the street. If you are not there we will torture this child and come after the rest of you until we have her. See you at midnight. BE THERE OR ELSE!!!

"Mom, dad I have to go."I say as silent tears roll down my face.

"Emmeralda you will not leave this house tonight the police can deal with this." My father said sternly.

"Fine I'll stay home but don't you dare blame me when they find her dead." I storm out of the room and go to my bedroom.

I start to pack a bag with all the necessities. I know my parents will be angry and sad with me but if it gets my sister back than it's worth it. I knew something bad was going to come out of this but I had to do it anyway. As soon as everything was packed in a black backpack I put it under my bed and turned on my music. I lie down on my bed, set an alarm for 11:30 and close my eyes. Before I knew it my alarm was going off. I creep over to my door and I can hear my parents talking in the living room, blocking my only way out.

I gather my bag, cell phone, iPod, and chargers. I write a quick note saying I'm sorry and that I love them, to my parents. I walk to my window and open it quietly. Before I step out of it I look back at my room and a single tear rolls down my cheek. For some reason I knew this would be the last time I would see my house.

I walk down the street in the cold wind. As I near the park I put my hood on and walk a little faster. I sit down on one of the swings in full view. I close my eyes and think of the past. I remember the first day that Izzy came home; I was 13 at the time and thought that she would be horrible. We fight all the time even though she is only four. I tell people that she annoys me to death and that I would never do anything for her but yet here I am trading myself so she can grow up and live her life.

"Emma, Emma is that you?" Izzy cries out.

"Izzy? Oh my it is you." I cry and run toward her.

"Sissy I wanna go home."

"Izzy you need to walk home right now don't stop until you ring our doorbell, please do that for me. Tell mommy and daddy that I love them."

"But but you can't leave."

"Izzy go now, please. I love you so much. Here take my locket and never forget me." I give her my most prized locket.

"I love you too. Please come back."

I watched her walk away as I cried. I went back to the swing and waited for the people to show up. Just as I was about to sit down on the swing warm arms enveloped me. I felt a cloth being held over my mouth. I heard someone say that He will be pleased and I smelled this wonderful scent. It smelled like fresh rain mixed with a forest smell. That's all I remember before I slipped into the black abyss.