Chapter 2

Chapter 2-The Beach

By the time I actually made it down to the beach it was only noon.  Not to bad, the only downfall was the parade of kids I had behind me.  When the parents hear that a "responsible adult" like myself is going to the beach, they cannot wait to get some babysitting for free.  

It wasn't too bad this time, only Kelly, Leslie, and her 8 year old brother, Colin came along.  For the most part, I like Leslie and Colin.  Their mom, Natalie and dad, Rob, are super funny.  But, Natalie defiantly wears the pants in the family and the kids are quiet and just tag along.  

After sunscreening all the kids up and making sure Leslie and Colin were boggie boarding in a area where the lifeguard could see them, and Kelly was playing in the sand next to me, I laid down to try to get a tan.  

Next thing I know, I feel a ball hit me. Great luck I have right?  Or not, I thought as I saw the cute guy running up to me to retrieve the ball.

 "I am so sorry, my friends just do not have the best aim today. I'm Josh by the way"  Say something, stupid, my  brain was screaming at me, but nothing came out of my mouth.

I looked over to see 3 other guys trying hard not to laugh but failing horribly.

Looking back to Josh, I finally found my voice and stuttered saying

"Um...uh...hi." Hi, really Taylor?

"So no name? Well I'll just take my ball back and maybe I'll see you around?"

 "Yeah that sounds good." I said giving him his ball back.

"Bye"  Say something Taylor, he's leaving! "Taylor, um my name is Taylor"  

"Cool, see you later then Taylor".

"Tay-Tay, come help me build" Kelly asked me.

"Just a second little one" Little one was the nick name I made up for Kelly one night when I was babysitting, don't ask where I got it from, because I really have no clue, it just came to me.

 "Pweasee I want to build a coat"  

"You mean mote?" "To keep the sea out"  

"Yeah, that!" she exclaimed.  So we started building a sandcastle with a mote around it.  Until I feel a presence next to me.  I look up and who do I see?  Josh.  

"I didn't feel a ball hit me, maybe it landed somewhere else?"  I asked him.

 "I didn't come over here to get the ball, um...I was wondering what are you doing later tonight?"  Was he asking me on a date or something?? Don't get me wrong, I am not the ugliest thing to hit earth, but I am not the most gorgeous either.

 I have some extra meat on my bones, but not enough to call me fat, with green eyes and long brown curly hair, and only 5'1 I'm not anything special.  But this guy is fucking hott, he's probably about 5'8 with amazing washboard abs, tousled brown hair, blue eyes and black swimming trunks on. He looked like he could be modeling for Calvin Klein or something, not talking to me on a beach.

"Tay-Tay, that man is talking to you.  STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER!!" Kelly started shouting.

"I'm not a stranger, I'm know Taylor, right Taylor?"

"Uh, yeah, little one, Josh isn't a stranger anymore, see he's nice"  That shut her up and she went right back to the sandcastle.

After seeing that she was content with her shovel and pail, not interrupting me anymore, I went back taking in the sight of Josh.

"So you still checking me out, or are we going to hang out tonight?"  So much for thinking it was date idea.

 "Yeah sure that's cool.  Um what did you have in mind?"

 "That Tay-Tay is a surprise"  he chuckled.  Great now he is using a 4 year old's nick name for me.

 "Okay sure"  Then I noticed my phone was missing.  "Kelly, you know that you cannot take my phone without asking."  I scolded her  "Give it back sweetie."  She just loved playing with my Iphone and trying to type in my password so many times that it disabled it.

 "Tay-Tay, I don't have your phone, I promise" her little lip started quivering.  Great now she is going to cry. FML. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Josh doubled over laughing.  

"What the hell is so funny?" I demanded  "Sorry...but...you...were so...serious...your face hahaha" He got out in between laughs.  I still didn't understand until I saw him chuck back my phone to me.  "Here I put my number in.  But remind me to take your phone again, that reaction was hilarious."  Haha so funny I was peeing my pants (note the sarcasm).

"Thanks, later then"

 "I'll pick you up around 7"

 "How do you know where to pick me up?" I asked but by the time I looked back up from putting my phone away in my bag he was gone.  Then I felt my bag vibrate.  'Text me your address and I'll be there ;-) - Josh' .  Wow, that was fast.

'Okay, should I dress casual? - Taylor'  

'Wear a bathing suit under your clothes please, but casual works - Josh'  

'Will do, see you then - Taylor'

I hadn't even realized that Colin and Leslie came back from the ocean and were ready to go back for dinner.  

After packing the kids up and trying my best to dust all the sand off of everyone, we went back to the house.  The adults were busy cooking to pay attention, so I left the kids at the pool with all the other rascals, and went up to my room to get ready after letting at least one of the parents that the kids were back and no one died at the beach today.