❣ Chapter 37 ❣

No doubt the three of you were injured. But a certain Pro Hero had it worse than the two of you combined. Shouto had cuts, bruises, scratches, etc. all over his body.

    You could heal all of them once the three of you got back to the camp. His clothes on the left side were slightly charred at the endings as the effect of using his quirk. Damn, can't this guy get some fireproof shirt?

    "My ice wouldn't hold all of them for too long, let's run," his voice sounded like a bagpipe suffering from tonsillitis. You have to step on Denki's foot to stop him from laughing. The two ran ahead whilst you lagged behind. Curse this sprained ankle forbidding you to sprint!

    "Thoughts about Seira's whereabouts?" the blond asked. "Not sure, but it's safe to assume that she's been kidnapped by the villains. . ." you replied, wincing at the thought. With that, the mouths were shut closed as they focused on pouring their energy into running.

    The pace was slow and you really have this feeling that the monsters behind you would catch up. No matter how much you force your body, the pain kept resisting. "Need help?" Shouto looked behind.

    "Nah, I'm good. . ." it amazed you how you've managed to smile despite being in your weakened state. Okay, what was your next plan? The three of you could split up to find the brunette but the said tactic was too risky. Who knows? Maybe something out there is lurking and is bloodthirsty.

    The bicolored hair male was in no doubt too exhausted to fight another dozen. Same with Denki but he could still crack a few jokes here and there. Anyway, if the three of you won't go on separate ways then time and energy would be wasted. "Hey guys. . ." you whispered under your breath. Both of them hummed in acknowledgment.

    "What if Seira is with the villains? Like working side by side with them. . ." now, you know what you were thinking was delusional. There's no way in hell that a girl as sweet as Seira would be a villain. Then again, what if she was one?

    "She's not a villain, (____). . ." Shouto's glare pierced your heart, making you regret your last statement. "If anything, she might be just kidnapped just like you said."

    You can't help but feel jealousy rising up from your throat. Seems like the brunette made her way inside the Pro Hero's heart. "I know it's unlikely but hear me out!" you contradicted since you have a strong feeling in the gut about this one. "Seira, she---"

    "Drop it," Woah, you didn't anticipate that the male would snap. "H-hey you two don't fight!" Denki interjected to stop the fight. "Villain or not we are going to find Seira." After that, the three of you didn't exchange words anymore. Footsteps and ragged breath echoed down the hall. Beating hearts vibrated each and every rib inside their torsos.

    There's no denying it but the three were scared to the bone. What if they get attacked again? What if a monster appeared out of nowhere to slice their heads off?

    Soon enough, the hallway connected to a rather large and open room. The ceiling was broken and plantation took over it. Three pillars were all that supported the roof from caving in (the fourth one is already down). Cracks littered all over the floor.

    One wrong step and the pavement might collapse. All of you came to a halt, three pairs of eyes darting from one object to another in an attempt to take in information as much as possible.

    The sound of slow clapping vibrated your eardrums and you snapped your head towards the sound. "Good job!" the man from before cajoled. "Where is Seira?" Shouto took three or four steps forward. "Tut-tut we'll get to that later," his smirk sent numerous chills down your spine and you swore Denki shivered. "I've never anticipated that you three would escape those walls."

    You stood on your ground as the male made his way to you. Denki and Shouto tried advancing on him but halted when you rose a hand as a signal to stop. "Smiling Goddess. Such a pretty nickname don't you think?" he hooked his index finger under your chin and tilted it up. "Show us where Seira is!"

    "Tsk. . ." he clicked his tongue and stood back. You then gasped when two of his men emerged from the shadows. Both had a regal face, the only difference is that one had receding platinum blond hair whilst the latter had mousy brown locks.

    Shadows cascaded underneath each eye, indicating the lack of sleep the two had. More of the villains joined the fest to slaughter your little group. Four of them advanced rather quickly and before you could assess the information, two got you on hold along with Denki. With just one anime chop on the nape of the neck, the blond was knocked out cold.

    In response to the attack, Shouto sent a wave of fire to toast said villains but halted when the blond henchman took his attention by pulling out a card from his hat while grinning mischievously. His eyes glinted a hint of malicious intent that it made you hold your breath. He then flicked the card and popped out from it was the brunette.

    "Seira!" Shouto launched himself forward to snatch the female away from their grasps but the albino leader hurriedly pointed a gun to her forehead. "One more step and she goes bye-bye. . ."

    The brunette made minimal effort to escape under the buff dude's hold. Her honey brown eyes had fear lurking inside them. "Zen, you don't need to drag them into this mess!" Seira pleaded, looking directly at the villain. Albeit, the albino ignored her and even motioned for his ally to clamp down her mouth. All of you stood still, waiting for each other's response to the information. "Let's make a deal, shall we?" the leader snapped his gaze towards Shouto and smirked. "You fell in love with this girl, didn't you?"

    It was just one simple question yet it broke your heart as the words circled around your skull. So, Shouto really did fall for her. The Pro Hero was silent, hands tightening and relaxing every now and then. "If that's the case, you won't mind if I took the Smiling Goddess, right?" it all went silent after his proposal.

    You couldn't read Shouto's expression since his back facing you. The beat of your heart vibrated escalated as you've realized how the decision making is up to the Pro Hero. It was either you or Seira.

    Insert that cliché life-flashes-back-before-your-eyes since the event is currently happening to you. Every memory brought heartache and misery as each passes your mind. From the first time, you met the beautiful Pro Hero up to the day he got his heartbroken by none other person but you.

    The male cracked his knuckles and sighed through his nose. His ears twitched slightly then Shouto faced his left side. The male stood still for a few seconds before facing Zen.

    "I'm sorry, (____). . ." the Pro Hero then sent a wave of ice to your and Denki's captors. The reverberation noise of the gunshot followed shortly after his attack.  

----

It is I. . .I am baccBut I'm also busy again with the finals but I'll continue posting chapters as much as I can <3. Thank you so much foe the love and support you guys showered me with. This litol asteroid doesn't deserve it ;-;

Edited: 1-13-20