Chapter Twenty - One: Fake Confession |✔

December 26, 2018

"When love don't love you back"

~Christian Paul // When Love Don't Love You Back

Seven Months and Twenty - Four Days

"Why are you in my room?" My eyes opened seeing Ricardo sitting up on the bed as he looked over at me.

"You wanted me to stay." I rub my eyes trying to get the crust out of the corner of my eyes.

"It's okay that you wanted to stay here, you don't have to lie Rosa." He climbs over me to get out of bed, "Come on, I'm gonna get make you something to eat."

I attempt to get out of bed again as I did last night, "You know this is why I stayed."

"Oh you're stuck." His face showed he wanted to laugh at me but he held it in as he helped me get up off of his bed, "I bet you were just acting stuck because you wanted to touch my body." He says as he gripped my waist to balance me as I finally got out of the bed.

"Oh come on I don't want to touch you."

"Are you sure?" He questioned, "Cause that's not what your dreams say."

"What are you even talking about?"

"Let's say you're a sleep talker." He says as he begins to walk out of the room.

I followed close behind, "What did I say?" He didn't answer he just walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen. Is he just not gonna answer me, "What did I say?"

"What do you think you said?" He said returning a question, he continued towards the kitchen which was surprisingly clean. Raven probably had cleaned up when she got back, everything was spotless. My mind went quickly back to this so called dream I had.

I don't even remember dreaming of anything he had to be yanking my chain, so maybe I should do the same, "I'm sorry you had to hear it."

He took out the eggs, "It wasn't that bad."

"Yeah it was I remember the dream."

"All you really said was how much you wanted to you know, touch me."

"Oh," I then add as he cracks eggs into a bowl and add seasoning, "I'm sorry you had to find out I like you through me saying something in a dream."

He stood still, turning in my direction, "What?" He face showed his surprise, one eyebrow hiked up and his mouth was in a slight frown.

"What do you mean what?" I ask as I lean against a counter.

"It was just a dream, people always have dreams about people who are in their lives." He says obviously trying to reassure himself, "You don't actually like me do you?"

"Yes I do."

"You mean you like like me?" He stirs the eggs into bowl.

"Ricardo we are not children okay, yes I like you, like I want to be with you." I answer, I was trying not to look even slightly amused at how this conversation was going.

He put down the bowl and turned back towards me again, "Look, Rosalynna. . .I feel the same, but I'm gonna be a father soon I won't have time to have a relationship and be a single father." He tried to turn my fake confession down.

Suddenly I felt like this was actually becoming real and I should tell him I was just joking, "I'm technically the mother, they used my eggs. I can just stay. We can be a family."

He stared at me for a second, "Are you being serious, are you saying you want to try to be in a relationship with me?"

His eyes light up as if he were truly happy and I didn't know how to let him down so instead I say, "I'm saying we can see what happens."

He smiled at me, "Let's see what happens."

As the day went on I slightly felt guilty especially now that we were leaving from a checkup on the triplets. I basically said I had no problems with being their actual mother, and the problem with that is I do. I wanted to be married and have the white picket ass fence before I had kids. But it happened and I also don't think I should lead him on.

"How do you think that went?" Ricardo asked me radiating happiness.

"I think it went well." I said as I sat down on the living room couch.

"Can we talk about earlier?"

I paused, "Look Ricardo I was only -" he sat down next to me causing my heart to beat so hard I'm sure he could hear it. I didn't even want to tell him I had been joking or "lying" about how I felt for him.

"You were only what?" He moved closer, I scoot away.

I couldn't get the words out, I didn't want to get the words out, "I was only joking, to see how you'd react."

He coughed as he heard the words come out of my mouth, "Well I wasn't joking. I like you. Like I have feelings for you," he shook his head, "I set up a meeting for the divorce. Victoria and I should be divorced within the next week."

"What's the rush?" I inquired.

He stood, "Being married, even though Victoria and I eloped, I know it has an effect on you, and I want you fully without strings with anyone else."

He walked away going to the stairs as he ran his fingers through his dark brown hair that was styled to the side. I sat on couch just thinking about what he said. I needed to reevaluate how I felt about him, but for some reason I feel as if I need to look into his past. And one major part of his past was Victoria Justin.

Authors Note

I know this is a short chapter but at least it's something right! I'm going to try to grind between school, work, and writing. Writing is my passion but school has to come first. I love all my writers so I will be trying my hardest to write as much as possible.

Comment some ideas you'd want to appear in this book and you may just see them!

Love you guys,

Bunny