Chapter Eighteen: Kidnapped

Few weeks later

The palace was lousy, with the movement of warriors and the preparation of weapons to attack the vampires. Everyone was busy, either with one thing or the other.

"Alexia you need to rest, you can't just jump into a war that you are too weak to fight"

"I am not weak Dmitri, am not!"

"Its been four days since you finally restored your health, what makes you think Darius would let you fight?"

"What does the moon god has to do with this, am just going to fight for me people like always. Get put of my way!" Alexia said trying to outrun Dmitri but he quickly blocked her path holding her on her shoulders.

"Alexia please, don't be stubborn everything is already taken care of, we don't actually need your help on the battle field"

"I have to fight Dmitri, I have to kill those wicked vampires for attacking our people, they have no fear"

"I know that, we all do that's why we are going to teach them a very good lesson"

Alexia was about protesting more, when a guard came into the palace lobby.

"Sire, we are ready to launch"

"Okay David, you may leave I'd meet you all at the gate"

The guard bowed down and then left to join the other warriors.

"I can't just sit down and wait for everyone's return, I need to guide the moon goddess my life depends on her!"

"Alexia listen to me, if you really want to help the moon goddess the best way is to protect john and all other children left in the palace, she loves them"

"That's sounds reasonable"

"I know right, so I think we are settled at least you had found something reasonable to do with your condition"

"Yes, but aside from that Dmitri no one can attack the children of the moon goddess, they are under her protection even without her presence being known and now the moon god is also here, nothing can happen to them" reasoned Alexia loudly to Dmitri

"Yes that's true dear, but they would need someone to keep an eye on them"

"Am not a god damn Nanny! Am a fighter!"

Dmitri raised up his hands in surrender when he saw they was nothing to do to convince Alexia any longer. "Alexia just try..." He kept quiet and just stared behind Alexia.

The hairs on my body stood up, they is only one person that makes me feel that way Darius.

"You may leave to join the packs Dmitri, I would it over from here"

Dmitri wasn't pleased to be dismissed in that manner but brother or no brother, his god was speaking so he had to leave.

"Alexia you have to stay back" he mentioned nonchalantly

I turned back at him" I would be needed over there"

"You heard my brother if you want to help look after the kids and don't dare come after us or else... You wouldn't be too pleased to find out" he said signalling the end of his statement.

I nodded my head in agreement " And what about the moon goddess she would need my protection, I don't know what would be left of me if something.." I didn't finish my sentence before he cut me off.

"I know, she has my protection and that of my brother, even her people nothing bad is going to happen to her. She would be safe."

Deep down I felt like hitting him with a pan on his head or shooting him down with the arrow strapped behind my back, how can't he just see my very deep needs to be in that battle field, but I let it go. After all his the god, he saved me from being hurt further so I have to at least pay him this favour of being respectful.