Chapter Thirty Eight: Hey, I love Peter Kavinsky!

It had been three weeks since Landon's total freak out over me confessing my feelings.

Three weeks since he acted like a complete jerk and left me out in the cold with no explanation.

Three weeks since I told him to never talk to me again.

And that's exactly what he did.

For the first week, he decided plain and simple to just miss school.

The second week, I hardly saw him and if I did I'd do a double take and he'd be gone the next second.

The third week was undoubtedly the most painful. He'd walk past me without even acknowledging that I exist. Dylan would follow closely behind, giving me a sympathetic look.

I tried asking Dylan multiple times why Landon was acting like a jerk but he'd just shrug it off saying, "It's not you, it's him." After hearing that same phrase for the sixth time I stopped asking, before I'd eventually rip my hair out.

Dylan was kind enough to still help me practice for the school show, however the initial plan of Landon and Dylan playing on stage with me was clearly off.

It was weird to not have Landon helping me practice, since it was an activity only the two of us did together.

But I started to get used to it. I had to right? It's not as if he was coming back to me, no matter how much I missed him or how much I wanted him to. God, I'm pathetic aren't I?

I spent two weeks wallowing in my tears. Everyone clearly knew what was going on, considering Landon didn't sit with us at lunch anymore, but were too scared to ask. I don't blame them. I've been a 'moody bitch' lately, according to my brother.

Speaking of my brother.

"I can still beat the shit out of him..." Ryan whispers to Gigi and Carter, clearly not realising I'm stood right behind him.

"Who are we talking about?" I ask sweetly, eventhough I clearly know who they're talking about.

"Voldemort." Carter states. The three of us stare at him in confusion.

"C'mon it's funny. You know the whole 'He who shall not be named'? Like how we don't say the name Land-" Gigi kicks him under the table before he can finish off his sentence.

"ANYWAYS." Gigi quickly changes the subject.

I roll my eyes. "I clearly know who you were talking about. You can say his name I don't really care."

"You don't?" Ryan raises an eyebrow, clearly not believing me.

I shake my head.

Sure you don't, Heidi. Shut up conscience.

Gigi claps her hands together. "Well in that case, there's a party tomorrow night."

"Oh yeah, Asher Whittemore's." Ryan nods.

"You're coming. No buts, no ifs." Gigi states.

"Are you crazy? She's a mess-" This time I smack Carter before Gigi can. "Ow abuse!"

"You deserved it." The three of us day in unison.

"You're all evil." Carter 'menacingly' points at us with his fork.

"He does have a point though. I mean all you do is go home, rewatch To All the Boys I've Loved Before for the hundredth time and eat a shitload of ice cream." Ryan basically sums up my whole life.

Wow. That really put things into perspective.

I give him a 'Really? Is that all I do?' look. His twin senses pick up instantly as he replies.

"Yes, yes you do. I'm sick of hearing you talk about Peter Kavinsky all the damn time." Ryan huffs.

"Hey, I love Peter Kavinsky!" Carter interjects.

"Aw Peter Kavinsky." Gigi also gushes.

"I hate you all." Ryan groans in frustration.

"How did we get from party to Peter Kavinsky?" I question. As you can tell we're all useless at getting things done, considering how side tracked we get.

"Oh yeah, the party!" Gigi exclaims. "As I was saying, you're going I don't car-"

I quickly interrupt before she can continue with her rant. "I'll go."

"Now I know you're gonna say no but listen." She says, completely ignoring me.

"Gigi."

"What you need is a good night out to take your mind off-"

"GIGI! I SAID IM GOING." I exclaim.

"Jesus Christ, no need to shout."

"But you were- you're so- agh!" I groan in frustration.

"Yayyy. Dee's coming. Best night ever woo." My brother says unenthusiastically.

I elbow him. "Do you want me to play To All the Boys for another week, better yet I'll play The Kissing Booth."

"NO!" He coughs, composing himself. "What I meant to say was, I'm so very delighted you're coming to the party my dear sister."

"Better." I pat his head.

Guess I'm going to Asher Whittemore's party after all.

Let's just hope Voldemort doesn't make an appearance.

_______________________________________

Hey guys! I know it's a short chapter but I really wanted to get one out today as it's FRIDAY! Woo I have a week off school so I'm a happy happy bunny :)

Vote, comment and share!

Love you all to the moon and back!!!
~ H <3