#1) How He Cheers You Up

Damon:

"Ugh." You said in disgust as you flopped down on the couch in the living room of the Salvatore Boarding house. You were currently not in the mood for anyone's shit, it was just one of those days.

"Well, don't you look perky?" The annoying Salvatore acknowledged as he poured himself a glass of bourbon. You shot him a glare. He held his hands out in mock surrender as you turned to stare at the ceiling once again.

"What's got you all pissy?" He asked, plopping himself down beside your feet.

"I don't even know, man." You admitted, grumbling. Everything was just irritating.

"Girl pro- "

"Don't you dare finish that question, Damon."

"You're totally on it." He laughed.

"Would you even be able to smell it if I did have it?" You glared.

"Of course I would. Why do you think I asked?" He smirked.

"You're disgusting."

"Still hot though." he remarked.

"Dammooooon!" You whined even though you oddly felt your anger start to slightly fade.

"yyyy/nnnn!" He mimicked, not bothering to stop with the smirk.

You kicked him lightly, causing his bourbon to spill on his clothes and he froze.

"Bitch, this is John Varvatos." He said slowly, eyes closed.

In the matter of a second, you were suddenly on the floor. Damon was laying proudly in your spot on the couch. You don't know why, but you found yourself laughing and realizing that today probably wasn't that bad.

-

Stefan:

"Are you okay?" You heard a voice.

You were currently curled up in your bed, crying with loads of tissues surrounding you.

You look up to see Stefan's concerned face. You quickly wipe away all your tears, completely oblivious to how red and puffy your face probably looks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You sniffled. Dang it.

"You don't seem like it." He went on, sitting beside you. The more he studied you, the more you had to fight the urge to cry again. Of course he probably noticed. Whatever.

"So I'm going to ask you again." He started. "Are you okay?"

You felt your lip start to tremble and you bit it, trying to hold it in. Then you finally just burst, crying into your hands.

"H-He cheated on me." You managed to get through as a new wave of tears were set free.

"Was it that idiot, Brett?" You heard him say through clenched teeth. "I'm gonna kill him."

You felt arms wrap around your body, grateful for the contact. You held onto his upper arm, crying into his chest.

"He doesn't deserve you at all. He never will. You're too good for him. Inside and out. You're the most beautiful girl to me, always will be. Don't forget that." He said softly as he rubbed your back and twirled your hair around his fingers.

You hug him tighter, snuggling into him. "Thank you. I love you, Stef."

You could hear his breathing falter, but he quickly composed himself.

"I love you, too, y/n."

-

Matt:

You paced around Matt's room, getting more and more nervous by the minute. Everyone was off, fighting Mikael, the Original vampire that hunts other vampires. Everyone except you. Because you were human.

"Look, you gotta relax." Your boyfriend said from beside you.

Oh yeah, Matty is human too, so not technically everyone was risking their lives, you thought as you continued to pace.

"Y/N!" Matt said, a bit more assertive as he put a hand on your shoulder. You looked up into his blue eyes, full of worry and concern.

"Come here." He said, pulling you over to the couch. You flopped down, one leg shaking as it usually does whenever you're nervous.

"Look. I know how you feel. Useless. It feels no one ever needs your help, like maybe you're just a distraction to them. They're supernatural, we're not. And that's exactly the point. They're supernatural and we're not. They can protect themselves, better than we can. You don't need to worry about them, y/n. They're gonna be fine."

You sigh, allowing your eyes to look away from his. He was right.

He took your hands in his and held them. "If it means anything, we at least have each other."

You look back up at him as a smile found it's way onto your face.

"It means everything."

You said and kissed him.

-

Klaus:

You groaned, rolling around on the couch. You curled up in a ball, but the cramps still hurt. You flipped around and adjusted until you felt comfortable. Let's put this simple; you looked like a jacked-up pterodactyl. Your head wasn't even on the couch. It was hanging officially causing your world to look upside down. You groaned again.

"I don't know if I should ask or keep going on with my life." Klaus said from above you. He plopped himself down, next to you. You glanced up at him as he flicked through the channels.

You began to feel uncomfortable again and you flipped yourself to a regular sitting position, grumbling.

Klaus gave you a questioning look, but you ignored him.

You lowered yourself to rest your head in his lap, curling up. He looked down at you, eyebrows knitting together. His face relaxed as if he figured something out.

"Cramps?"

You nod, bringing your knees up to your chest. He pulled you up into his arms, you sitting on his lap with your side resting against his chest. He traced small patterns on your arm as you kept your eyes locked with his.

"Better?" He raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"So much better." You said, relaxing into his arms. He smiled, pulling you closer. It's so weird how he only lets down his walls whenever he's with you. He just shuts the rest of the world out.

You kiss his cheek, feeling his stubble on your lips. "Thank you for being so sweet."

He chuckled. "Who am I to allow a girl as beautiful as you to writhe in pain?"

-

Elijah:

You threw your pencil across the room, clutching your head as you screamed in frustration. You weren't understanding anything going on in this stupid math class due to being pulled out of it every so often because of some freaking supernatural issue.

Elijah zoomed into the room faster than light, prepared for the oncoming danger.

"Y/N, darling what's the matter? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked, hands cupping your face as he stroked your cheeks with his thumbs.

"Nothing." You sigh, feeling your face start to cool down under Elijah's palms.

He glanced down at the homework in your lap, eyebrows furrowing.

"You could have told me you were having trouble, my dear. You know I'm always glad to help." He smiled, letting go of your face. He went to retrieve the catapulted pencil.

"How about you take a little break before you start again?" He suggested.

You nod, putting it all on your nightstand, rolling into the middle of your bed. Elijah joined in, wrapping an arm around you and allowing you to snuggle into his chest.

You slowly felt your rage and frustration slip away.