The Journal (Chapter 6)

The Girl in the Shop

Chapter Six

Today I went to the antique shop to find the paper in the box. I'll tell you this, I successfully found the paper and guess what, I have a date and this was my first! This is the first time I met someone I'm interested to. She was something. She was nothing than those girls back home. She didn't even smile when I caught her from falling. I have this feeling she might be the one but I'm still scared this doesn't work out. I said to myself "She's different and this would be the miracle grandpa said. I must not waste my chance. I must quickly solve the clue and find the journal and help grandpa so I can spend time with her."

Jane, Jane, Jane.

I can only think of her now. She was the one and I know it. I quickly went to the car and started the engine and was in a hurry to go home and tell my parents about her. I smiled to myself when thinking about her. I can't wait for tomorrow night."

When I finally arrived at home, I quickly rush to the house. I cannot wait to tell Dad, Mom and Charlie. They would be surprise. As I opened the door, Charlie went out and said "Oh hey man. You're back." Charlie was holding his luggage at his right hand. My face growing curious, I asked him "Where are you going?" Charlie said that he had to head back home because the company called him to come back for the reason they didn't have enough staff. I nodded and we said goodbye. I look at his car until it finally was gone. I turned to the door and went in to find my parents.

I found them in the living room sitting down on the couch, hugging each other. I greeted my dad and mom "Hey, morning mom, dad." They said "Morning." My mom was curious and asked me "Where did you go in the early morning?" I told them I went to the antique shop across the town and told them about the clue. They were surprise. I wanted to show them the letter that grandpa write. My mom and dad refused. My dad said "You were chosen to know yourself. Don't tell us. We don't even know about his past. I ever asked him once, he said I cannot know about it and I understand why because his face was written that it wasn't a very easy thing to tell. So I didn't bother asking again."

I told them about the girl I met in the shop. They were surprise and they said I must bring her home one day. I agreed.

When it's time and she's the one, I will bring her home. I promise.