Impossible Love

I'm at the coffee house of my work, I'm in my break. I have in my hands one of my favorite novels. I love the story but I suffer because Tita and Pedro can't be together.

After a few pages of my reading, I hear many voices in front of me. I look up and I see 3 men and one of them is "him". He is talking with his friends and he removes his sunglasses. He does a quickly scanner of the place. Suddenly, our eyes meet and I know that he is happy to see me, as much as I am. I look down to my book and I pretend that he's not here. I take a deep breath and now I'm unable to concentrate on my reading. I hate when that happens to me. I feel his eyes on me but I don't look at him.

The coffee house is a little empty, so I can hear what they are talking about. My coffee is almost done and his presence makes me nervous. I decide to go. I need it, although I would like to stay. I grab my book and my purse, I drink the last sip of my coffee. So, I walk to the exit of the coffee house while he is looking at me. My heartbeats are fast. That's the effect of him on me. I wonder, if I cause the same effect on him.

I am on my way to the office, my break is almost over. I walk to the restroom to put lipstick on my lips. I get out of the restroom and I return to my office. When I open my door, I look down to the floor and I see a piece of paper. I bend over and I take it with my right hand. I can't believe what I am reading. I read it again, and again, and again.

"I could look at you all day. It was a shame that you left the coffee house. I hope it has not been because of me. You look good today. Next time, I would like to see your smile"

 Kisses,

 You know who I am.

I smile after of his shocking note and I feel right now like Tita feels about Pedro. I feel the same way she feels for him. We are an impossible love.

The End.

Perling Lagarde G.

~ * ~

Tita and Pedro are the protagonists of "Like Water for Chocolate", written by the mexican novelist Laura Esquivel.