Chapter 20 Questions

"You would think if his little sister runs out of the cafe, and his long lost mate was just found, he would still sit in the cafe dumbfounded." A voice from behind said.

I sighed softly. I would know that voice from anywhere.

I mustered up the courage and faced him.

The one I left. The one who lost my trust. The one who suffered because of me.

"Hi...Hayden."

"Hi, Annabel."

"Who's that? " He looked behind me.

"Hayden! I found my mate! His name is Dylan." Diana said.

"Pleasure meeting you Alpha." Dylan bowed his head.

"Mistreat my sister and you will spending the rest of your life in hell. Understand?"

"Loud and clear."

This whole time he was talking to Dylan, I stood rooted to the ground. I just couldn't believe what was happening right now. He was calm. He.was.calm. That's scary no matter how you see it.

So...I did the one thing I was so fantastically good at.

I ran.

I ran as fast as I could.

I could hear fierce growling. So I knew mate was chasing me.

I haven't ran for quite some time, therefore when I reached the forest, he easily pinned me down.

I fell on my back.

"Well well well. Look who we have here. A runaway cat."

I kept my eyes shut. Unwilling to see the horrible reality awaiting me when I open my eyes.

"Cat?" I asked.

"Only a cat could easily sneak off from it's owner. It's just so...sly. "

His voice. There's a change in his voice, his tone. Something changed in him. And his grip was getting tighter.

"Mate, you're hurting me." I said quietly.

"Oh am I?" He tightened even more.

There's bound to be a red mark afterwards.

"Yes! Now get off me! " I kicked him with all my might.

"Down kitty. We wouldn't want your face to be filled with scratches after do we?"

"W-what?" I questioned him.

"Listen love. I'm gonna need you to be good and follow me back. If not, a bad punishment awaits you." He smirked.

This is not Hayden. This is not mate. I do not know this man.

"N-no. I can't. I won't. I will not follow you."

And then.

He slapped me.

"Now will you listen? Or do I have to go further than that."

"Did you just-"

"I've changed love. I've changed ever since you left me for a stupid reason. Now, you'll pay the consequences."

No. No way am I going back. God knows what he'll do if I obey and follow him back.

So, I used all my might to give a kick in the stomach and made a run for it.

"Bitch! Come back!" He yelled.

Tears were streaming down my face.

I couldn't believe him.