a little bit of trust

"First game, first win!" Dallas Stars captain called out to the dressing room, to which he received cheers in return. "I'm proud boys! Let's make this our fucking year!" he yelled, and the guys all clapped around him. 

It was a successful season and home opener on all accounts. The Stars shut out the St. Louis Blues 4-0, with Jamie and Tyler scoring two goals apiece. Things didn't change from last season; their chemistry was still there, and very much alive. 

Tyler let the happiness of the first win block out any negative thoughts he had. He couldn't spend his entire life miserable; he had to enjoy it. 

"Who's down to celebrate?" he called out, and of course got back a various round of 'yes''. Jamie eyed him from across the room, and shook his head. 

One by one, the players began to leave the dressing room to either head home, or head out to meet up with the rest of their team. Like usual, Tyler and Jamie were the last two left in the dressing room. They weren't sure why it always ended up this way, but it sort of became somewhat of a habit. 

"Coming out cap?" Tyler asked, and Jamie shrugged. 

"Yeah, I suppose I am" he replied. 

"You suppose?" Tyler asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Somebody's got to keep an eye on you, bro" Jamie laughed, though there was nothing funny about the subject. It was true, someone had to keep an eye on Tyler to ensure he wasn't going to get into any trouble. He typically never looked in the direction of any girl when they were out, or if they approached him, he turned them down. However he was prone to drinking too much, and making some other questionable decisions. 

"I'm a grown up, I'll be fine" Tyler rolled his eyes, getting up to leave the dressing room. 

"Sometimes I wonder about that..." Jamie trailed off, following him out of the dressing room. 

********************************

"Another drink?" Katie asked Tayla, who nodded, making a weird face and feeling the burn of the shot of vodka that slid so easily down her throat. "Quit making that face though" Katie laughed loudly, trying to flag down the bartender. "Two porn stars" she shouted to the bartender, who nodded before going to make the drinks. 

"Thanks!" Tayla thanked her, as they made their way through the crowd, back to the table they were originally sitting at. "Jamie! Hey!" Tayla replied, awkwardly. If Jamie was here that meant one thing; so was Tyler. Almost as if Jamie could sense the discomfort in Tayla, he answered intelligently.

"Tyler's over by the bar- he won't come over here unless I call him over here" he replied, sliding over to allow his girlfriend to sit beside him. Tayla reluctantly sat across from them, sipping on her drink, taking in the scene. 

It was your typical Saturday night at the bar; some girls were dressed in clothes far too revealing, others were having a good time with their girlfriends. Some guys were standing around, hoping tonight would be their lucky night, others were laughing and enjoying some time out with the boys. 

"I'll take another- make it a double" Tayla shouted out to the waitress, who was going around, taking empties and orders. She nodded, scurrying back over to the bar. 

"Slow down, Tay" Katie laughed, and Tayla shrugged. 

"I've spent the last three months of my life being miserable- it's time to start enjoying life again, eh?" she asked the both of them with a grin.