epilogue; part 1

3 years later
                                                  Isabella: 19 years old

Third person's POV

"Do you have everything sweetheart?" The woman asks the girl while she's hugging her.

"Yes mom." The girl responds.

"Are you sure you didn't forget something. Let's check again!" The woman abruptly says as she stares with concern filled her eyes at the girl in front of her.

"Mom, I've already checked everything twice. I have all my stuff don't worry." The daughter reassures her mother while stroking her arm.

The older woman cups both of her daughter's cheeks and caresses them. A sad smile is plastered on her face. "It's just so hard to let go of you." A few tears escape the woman's eyes.

"Mom it's not like I will be gone forever. I am only going to college and I'll surely come to visit you." The daughter hugs her mother again.

"I know sweetheart." The mother says and hugs her back. The car horn can be heard.

"Seems like dad is getting impatient." The young girl laughs and the mother too. " I should get going now." The girl grabs her bag and makes her way to the car.

The mother watches her entering the car. "I will miss you Isabella!" She calls out.

"I'm going to miss you too mom." She says and closes the door.

The mother watches the car drive off while waving the whole time.

Isabella's POV

I wave back to my mother who is waving back and forth. I laugh at her cute action. The laugh is soon replaced by a sad smile as I can't see her anymore.

I am going to miss her. A lot.

Going to college is going to be the first time separated from my family, again. I am proud and happy to say that I was adopted from the Johnson's three years ago. They were my saviours. In the past three years we grew really close. Family Johnson didn't have any kids which leaded them to adopt me. I was kinda shocked because I didn't expect them to adopt a teenage girl. Well a few months later they did adopt a 7 year old girl who is now my little sister.

My parents were well aware of my situation back then. They helped me to smile again. To laugh again. They helped me to survive again.

My health condition wasn't the best. I constantly got panic attacks. While I was sleeping or even when I was just watching tv. I started seeing a therapist at the weekends. I stopped seeing my therapist a few months ago since my condition got better. If I sense a panic attack coming I take my pills.

I lean my head to the car window and sigh while closing my eyes.

I thought again too much...

"You alright sweetheart." My das calls out for me.

"Yeah I only drifted off again...in my thoughts." I reply back.

"That's just because your nervous. Believe me you're going to enjoy your time at college." My dad says while grinning.

I smile back. "I know but I am going to be in a different city."