Chapter 3

I stayed up all night thinking of Dean. Of the way tiny little almost invisible dimples formed in the corners of his mouth when he smiled, and the wasy he looked at Sam, like as if he had to protect him, whatever it meant. He's with Sam you idiot. He thought. I can't be friends with someone who doesn't like pie. I watched TV all night, trying to get my mind off him, but my hands kept fluttering over to my phone. I wanted to text him so badly. After i watched a few movies, I got bored and started searching up some on  those markings I saw at Dean's. I didn't remember them ALL form my time in Heaven. Whenever I heard one of my parents moving, I would turn off the light and pretend to sleep. The thing is, i'm an angel. I don't sleep.

In the morning, when mum came in, placing my clean washing on my cupboard, I was alying still pretending to sleep when she sat down on the bed.

"What's this?" She asked. I felt her hands touch mine and my eyes flashed open.

"Mum? What-"

"Is this that boy's?" She asked turning my hand to show me and lifting her eyebrows. It's time to tell her.

"Mum I..." She nodded before I said anything.

"I suspected it. You never talked about girls or anything, never had a girlfriend! Always avoided the topic," She smoothed my messy dark hair down "I' m proud of you. And I'm very happy that you finally told me, Cas." She kissed the top of my head and got up.

"Do something today," She said opening my closet and putting stuff away "get out of the house for a little bit."

I nodded, but then realized she couldn't see me so I grunted a "mhmm" before getting up and dragging my oxygen cart to the bathroom to shower. I closed the door behind me and sat on the toilet, unlocking my phone. Is it too early to text him? I did it anyway. I placed the phone down on the counter and climbed into the shower. I stood there for a few minutes, just thinking, the hot water hitting my head and slithering down my back. I heard a buzzing noise and quickly turned off the water and reached for my towel.

I'll be there in 10.

I quickly pulled on a shirt and a pair of jeans, struggling to get my sweater on in the rush. I heard a car pull up at the front and quickly slipped on my black sneakers. I grabbed my coat on my way out throwing it over my shoulders. I opened the door, only to be disappointed. There stood Stella. A girl I had met at a meeting of Seven Universes Away. Only the BEST TV show ever. She ran up and gave me a hug; her blonde curls filling my nostrils.

"Cas! I'm so glad you texted me!" She squealed pulling away. I fixed my cannula uncomfortably. I must've accidentally texted her instead of Dean.

"Yeah." I sighed and followed her to her car.

                                                                        *        *        *

"Hmmm..." Stella tapped her chin with her fingers considering.

We were standing in the line for tickets, staring up at the list of movies and when they're playing.

"What about something Sci-Fi?" Stella asked.

"Mhmmm." I nodded checking my phone, nothing. But he didn't have my number. Maybe I should call him?

"Cas?" I looked up to see Stella waving me forward to the regiester. I walked up and pulled out my wallet, placing a few bills on the bar. Stella did the same. We bought popcorn and coke, and watched the movie. Well, I didn't quite pay attention, but it's the the thought that counts. I kept thinking of calling Dean.

After the movie ended, we walked out, Stella babbling about what happened. I nodded along and said a few words whenever I was expected to. We drove home in silence, and when we pulled up in front of my house, I immediately started to get out of the car.

"Cas," Stella whined "what's wrong?" I looked at her, her eyes filling with worry.

"Nothing," I said "why?"

"You seem very distant."

"Me? Distant? Nah." I laughed nervously. Stella nodded.

"See you then." She said before I closed the door and wheeled Clarence to the front door.

I went to bed and watched TV.