Chapter 9: 14,000,605

"The hell happened to this planet?" Quill (we learned each other's names, and of course Peter got excited because he had the same one) asked. "It's 8 degrees off it's axis. The gravitational pull is all over the place."

We came outside, and everything was either destroyed, or dead. Peter laughed at Mantis, who was jumping on some thing like a trampoline.

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it. Alright, I have a plan," My dad said, and we all came and huddled around. "It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't want to dance with this guy, we just need the gauntlet."

"Are you yawning?" I asked Drax.

"Really?" My dad stepped in. "In the middle of this, when I'm breaking it down?! Huh? Did you hear what I said?" 

"I stopped listening after you said we need a plan," Drax responded.

"Ok Mr Clean is on his own page."

"You see not winging it isn't what they...do," Quill said.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter asked.

I practically felt my heart explode. This boy is just too damn cute holy shit I love him so much. Am I high from the drugs in Wakanda still? 

"Kick names, take ass," Mantis replied confidently.

I made a weird face and looked at my dad, and he looked so fucking done. I was Loki (hehe) expecting his iconic eye roll or something, but no. Peter looked at me, then my dad, and back and forth.

"Alright just get over here please. Mr Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?"

"Star Lord is fine," Quill replied. 

"If all we come at him with is a plucky attitude-"

"Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. Alright we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plan and that way it might be really good."

"Tell him about the dance off to save the universe," Drax chimed in.

"What dance off?"

"It's, not, uh-"

"Like in footloose, the movie?" Pete asked.

"Yea exactly like footloose. Is it still the greatest movie in history?"

"It never was," Peter shook his head.

"Hey! Don't encourage this, alright? We're getting no help from Flash Gordon-"

"Flash Gordon? By the way, that's a compliment. Don't forget. I'm half human, so the 50% of me that's stupid, that's 100% you," Quill said.

"Your math is blowing my mind," My dad responded, annoyed.

"Can we just shut the fuck up and figure out what to do?" I asked, cutting them off from arguing.

"You know, you kinda remind me of a chick we met a while back. Right, Drax? The-the hair? and the fac-"

"Excuse me?" Mantis interrupted. "But does your friend often do that?"

She pointed to where Strange was sitting, cross legged. Actually, he was levitating. And glowing green. His face was warping around too, which clearly is not normal. 

"Strange we alright?" My dad called to him.

Strange then gasped, and stopped doing that odd thing that was happening, landing on his ass.

"Hey what was that?" Peter asked, as we walked over to him.

"I went forward in time. To view alternate futures, to see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict."

"How many did you see?" Quill asked, looking worried.

"14,000,605."

"How many did we win?" I asked.

"One," Strange replied after hesitating.

"Holy shit," I whispered, covering my mouth with my hand. "Fuck. Shit."

"Hey, Y/N," Peter said, "It'll be ok."

"With that low of a chance, I'm starting to lose hope," I replied, shaking my head. "We're going to die here."

"Y/N, Y/N look at me," Peter whispered softly, placing his hand on my cheek. "Not that you need it, but I will protect you. I won't let him hurt you. Ok?"

"That'll be difficult, I'll be too busy protecting your clumsy ass," I chuckled, staring into his eyes.

"She's not wrong, Parker," My dad chimed in. "You'll probably end up tripping over yourself."

"I wouldn't be surprised," He laughed.

"Alright, come on, let's figure out what to do."