Fourteen

It wasn't too long after Pansy had woken up when the snowing, grey sky had turned to a black abyss above them. The stars nor the moon were visible tonight and snow still fell thickly to the ground, covering the grass in a pristine, white blanket. Pansy and Belle had spent the remainder of the train ride playing Exploding Snap. Both girls had gotten rather competitive and immersed in the game, which had caused Belle to miss Harry as he walked past. He had stopped for a moment, unable to tear his eyes away from the smile spread across Belle's face. He was glad to see that she was happy again - even if she did have a few off days.

Eventually, when the train started to slow, both girls changed out of their robes into muggle clothing, though they both kept their scarves on. Pansy had changed into a long, black jumpsuit with a black leather jacket, whilst Belle had been perfectly comfortable with her oversized, blue sweater and jeans. The pair, thankfully, had used a warming charm on themselves so when they stepped off the train, it wasn't as cold as they had originally though it would be. 

"C'mon," Belle said with a smile as she noticed her Mum waving at her.

"Belle," Pansy hissed, causing the girl to turn around. Belle raised an eyebrow at the girl who suddenly looked nervous.

"What if your Mum doesn't like me? After the war..."

"I've told her all about you, Pans. She's the one who suggested asking you to come over for Christmas." As though it was the reassurance that Pansy needed, she nodded and joined Belle in lugging their trunks over to Collette.

"Hi, Mum," Belle smiled.

"Oh, it's so nice to see you," Collette sighed as she pulled her youngest daughter in for a hug. The young woman returned it, before letting go and turning to Pansy.

"Pans, this is my mum, Collette. Mum, Pansy." 

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs Frenche," Pansy stated formally but Collette simply smiled warmly and extended a hand to the girl, squeezing it gently when Pansy raised hers.

"Please, call me Collette, or just Cee, if you wish. I see Belle's ruddy cat has taken a liking to you."

"I think she spends more nights with me than she doest with Belle," Pansy admitted, causing Collette to smile. Watching from the side, a gentle smile on her face as she watched her Mum and one of her best friends interact, Belle had no trouble realising that Pansy would settle in quickly to the Frenche household. The girl put on a mean act and had a bit of a sharp mouth, but was a big softie. She loved Belle's cat and was already warming up to her Mum, despite her previous worries. 

Across the station, Harry was watching the interactions between the two, unknowingly. Ron had elbowed him in the side when Mrs Weasley had asked him a question and he hadn't replied as he was too busy staring at the beautiful girl across the station.

"Sorry, Mrs Weasley, I didn't catch that," Harry apologised. Rather than scolding him, Mrs Weasley only turned to see what he was looking at and she beamed at the sight of Belle, who was waving at Hermione.

"Is that Belle?" She asked and Hermione nodded. She waved Belle over and the girl turned for a moment, promising her friend and her mother that she'd be right back before jogging over to the family.

"Hi," Belle said breathlessly, having almost tripped over someone's shoe to reach them.

"You must be Belle," a redheaded woman said, causing Belle's attention to turn towards her. She recognised the woman to be Molly Weasley, one of her heroes. She had seen the way she had finished off Bellatrix Lestrange during the war and Belle had admired the woman ever since.