Chapter 7 - Part I

{Violet's P.O.V}

"Everyone homeroom is about to start take your seats!" Iida yelled demandingly at the front of the class, swinging his arm in a robotic like motion. Sighing I slump my chin onto my hand and stare down at my desk. "You're the only person who isn't sat down" a student pointed out making most of the class laugh in sync. The boys face instantly sunk as he did a walk of shame to his chair. "Don't worry about it!" The girl sat behind him exclaimed patting him on the back in a sympathetic like manner.

Suddenly the homeroom door opens, Mr Aiziwa walked in sluggishly, the mass of bandages making it difficult for him to move. I figured the attack must've been brutal considering the looming damage that was still on his body. Iida sweat dropping raises hand, "Glad to see you are doing well sir!", I glance over to see Uraraka mumbling "If you can call that 'doing well...'"

"My well-being isn't important." Mr Aiziwa said from his tomb of bandages. "More importantly, we have another matter on our hands." "Fight?" A student questioned, a worried look covered their face. "Don't tell me more villains?!" Another student yelled in sheer panic. Although the physical impacts of the attack on the class wasn't all there, evidence of psychological damage was very much so.

Heaving a heavy sigh he simply deadpanned at the class, a silent order for everyone to calm down and listen. "The U.A Sports Festival." Blinking I scan the faces of the fellow students all processing the news, mixed emotions of, relief, nervousness and determination. This signified the importance of this event. Not that I cared, although I had demanded my parents to send me here for opportunities like this, I still wasn't fond of the idea of performing in front of masses of people. It was a display of my parents desperate desire for money and fame.

"That's a totally normal school event!" Kirishima said in excitement and joy however was quickly cut of by Kamanari palming his face to interrupt. "Wait a minute." He gestured for the teacher to continue. Jiro chimes in, "Is it really okay so soon after villains snuck inside?" I scoff at her causing her to face me with an arched brow. In the corner of my eye I can see Bakugo with a look of confusion.

"Have you not considered this may be U.A showing that our crisis management is rock solid by holding this event? It proves that a petty attack didn't phase the school at all." I point out in a lifeless tone in hopes my classmates halt with the over dramatics. Aiziwa nodded at my statement in agreement, "it's as Sakurai said." He continues. "Security will also be strengthened five times that of previous years. Not only that the sports festival acts like a prime opportunity for students. It isn't an event to be cancelled by a few villains." 

"Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In the past the Olympics were called a festival of sports and the whole world would go crazy about them. However, as you know there has been reductions in terms of the popularity and scale so now they are just a mere shell. And now for Japan, the sports festival has taken it's place." Kamanari chimes in clenching a fist, "After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a sidekick." 

"Of course joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity," Mr Aiziwa continued placing his hands in his pockets. "Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event. You only get one chance a year, a total three chances a life time. No aspiring hero can afford to miss this event. If you understand that, don't slack off on preparations." The class nodded and yelled in unison "Yes sir!" 

"Homeroom is dismissed!"

Glancing over I can see the walking time-bomb glaring at me, scenes of our affair yesterday ran through my mind. It still seemed impossible that those words even came out of his mouth, it was as if his body was possessed by some ghost wanting to play a sick game. I wasn't very fond of the idea of having someone as reckless as him training me for whatever future I have in store. I shudder at the thought and snap my head away noticing I had been gawking at him mindlessly.

I'm not looking forward to training with him. 

{Time skip} 

The bell chimed signalling the end of another long school day. The early summer sun cascaded downward upon large open windows leaving a warm comforting glow upon the entire building. Packing up my belongings I begin to head down toward the changing rooms in a rush, hoping I wouldn't keep the walking time bomb waiting too long. 

After quickly changing into more suitable attire I make my way down to the gymnasium, the robotic like class rep had showed me around the school. In a more so forceful manner but it seemingly had payed of. I had found it odd how the school allowed their students hours after school to use the facilities to their hearts desire, maybe it wasn't too odd given the courses it had provided and intense workload which came along with them.

I come to at stop at two colossal sized doors heaving a heavy sigh, I was nervous and rightfully so. It was if I was sacrificing myself to a cage of hungry lions who hadn't be fed for a number of days, I can imagine the similarities in the low tone snarls between Bakugo and the furious beasts. Thinking about it makes me shudder however I shake my head and aggressively swing the door open.  

Entering the over-sized area I find him facing away at the center staring into thin air. His shoulders were relaxed, his more than violent demeanor was non-existent. It was more than clear that alone he had no need to be on guard or constantly keep up with his hot headed ego. That side of Bakugo was only his to see, god forbid he let his walls down it was impossible for someone like him to let people in, to not be this monster the rest of the world makes him out to be. 

It was if time has slowed in that moment, a ping suddenly stabs me in the chest my whole world collapsing beneath me. Perhaps it was never me who was misunderstood. A person like him who had been hyped up by yes-men his entire life couldn't possibly be understood, the monster of an ego that he was so proud of has prevented him from having normal relationships with the people around him. Having been placed upon this giant pedestal no one else could reach him leaving him lonely at the top. The isolation turned him bitter and unsociable, I was no longer the lonely ghost looking for playmates. It was him the entire time.

I knew this didn't take away from his actions, the shadow that was his loneliness was only that a shadow. He had tormented me for the most part of my childhood contributing to my own demise and isolation. So would I really be able to truly forgive him? He has never apologized, so maybe helping me was his way of doing so. Not that I needed or wanted to be helped in the first place. But in this moment I knew, something within me wanted to get to know that other side of him the one locked behind a closed door, desperately trying to claw its way out. 

Having been so deep within the depths of my own bizarre imagination, I had failed to see the boy aggressively yelling behaving in the total opposite way to I had just seen him prior. "Hey! What are you doing mousey are you ready to fight or what?!" I freeze, "Wait what..."

"I said, let's shut up and fight!"

-----------

A/N I'm so sorry for the lack of updates I have been super side tracked as of late with work and real life issues. However I am back and I plan to post a lot in the near future so look out for that. I'm sorry again for being inactive and thank you for reading!