Chapter I: The Aftermath

A/N: Again a rewrite.

---

October 31st, 1981

Ancient City of Edo (magical, hidden part of Tokyo), Japan

Takahiko Arima POV.

I was still in Japan for big family affairs when the news arrived via international floo network.

"The Potters had been attacked! James and Lily were dead!"

"How can it be?" Asked my wife, Saki Arima, who was feeding our son, Kousei Arima. "They're supposed to be safe with Sirius Black as secret keeper! This must be a mistake! Taka and I know Black too well for him to betray us all!" she told me.

"You are not kidding, right?" I want to make sure that Fabian Prewett, who messaged me in English was telling the truth.

"Merlin's beard, Takahiko. We the Prewetts never lie. You must head here as soon as you can!" I can hear his voice breaking, as we realized that the news was real.

James and Lily, two of my close friends, are no more.

"Abe bless their soul..." I murmured. "Blessed be their soul..."

I stood up and faced my wife.

"Take care of Kousei. I'll be back. Tell everyone as well." I told her in Japanese, and instructed my wife to tell my father and mother in particular.

"Itterashai." (Take care of yourself)

I took my travelling cloak and my magical suitcase before heading outside  my family house' protective ward (including the Fidelius Charm passed from father to son), where I will apparate directly to the location of Potter's Cottage.

.......

Potter's Cottage, England, the same time

MAMA! PAPA!

Severus Snape is holding a traumatized and clearly distraught baby Harry, who was crying bitterly after he saw his mother lost her life.

"Sshh.." The Potion Master has broke down in tears as well, but he has to be strong for the baby Harry. He can feel it, Harry knew that the man who was currently holding him was not his father at all.

Cracks of apparation echoed through the night and he knew that the Order of the Phoenix had arrived.

.....

Takahiko Arima's POV

"James! Oh no..."

I took James' body on my arms, but it was soon clear that his brown eyes, while opened, were now dull, lifeless. No pulse or breath whatsoever.

"I'm sorry, Prongs. I should be with you more..." I broke down and tears went down on my eyes.

It's not supposed to end like this...

I stood up and head for the room where I hear a baby crying. And so I saw a certain familiar man with long greasy hair and black cloak hugging the baby.

None other than Severus Snape, and he was hugging James and Lily's little boy. And besides Severus Snape, and besides him, a woman, similar state as James, with the long red hair that I recognized as Lily.

And I went back to that period when I was in Hogwarts. As the third generation from the British branch of the big, pure-blooded Arima family to attend Hogwarts after my father, Aritomo, and my grandfather Kyousuke, I was sorted to Ravenclaw like them. Yet I found myself a best friend with a gang of Gryffindors which I found out was formed in response of one of its members being a werewolf. Basically, I served as another brain of the group. All Marauders are illegal animagus, and I am no exception. My form is a Gyrfalcon, with my codename, Sharpclaw, was a reference to the raptor's sharp claw.