|20| Homecoming •8

home•com•ing
/ˈhōmˌkəmiNG/

возвращение на родину
/vozvrashcheniye na rodinu/

—————

"Happy birthday, Steve," Bucky whispered in my ear, waking me up.

"Mmm... mornin' Buck," I turned around and gave him a kiss.

"I have a surprise for you today."

"Oh yea? What's that?" I asked.

"I guess you'll just have to get up and get dressed to find out," he responded.

"Ughh so this surprise involves putting clothes on? Not taking them off?" I whined jokingly.

He laughed, "oh my God, Steve." He paused and lowered his voice. "That's later... no worries. But now, we have to celebrate your one hundredth birthday a little bit more appropriately for your age... old man."

"Hey!" I shoved him playfully. "You're older than I am!"

"Yea yea yea, just get dressed and we can get the birthday fun started," he explained, getting up and walking out.

I sat up on the side of the bed and thought for a moment about just how lucky I was to have someone like him who cares so much. I really don't know how long either of us would have lasted without the other.

I finally stood and shed my boxers, only to put on new ones. Then, some black slacks with a tight white t-shirt and a white button up shirt. Lastly, I bent over to put on my somewhat new black dress shoes... Bucky told me to dress nice so that's what I did.

I started out of the room only to find him waiting for me in the kitchen. The island was set up with its little light on. There were two place settings on the beige-brown marbled granite countertops. Eggs on toast with orange juice.

"How do I look?" I asked, seeing that he was dressed similarly.

"Good, you're just missing these," he held up an unidentifiable article of clothing. I took it and held it before me.

"Suspenders?" I asked.

"Need help getting them on?"

"Well, no. But help me anyway," I said with a smirk.

He smiled and walked over, collecting the suspenders from my hands. He ran his metal fingers up down my pant leg a bit after putting the first side into its place. He, next, put the other on, lightly touching around it as well.

Then, he spun around to my backside, keeping his body tightly formed onto mine and holding his right hand on my abdomen. He attached the last clip to the back of my trousers, lingering there for a moment... letting his hands wander and pressing himself on me.

I bit my lip so the moan that was creeping up my throat couldn't escape. I held onto it because I knew he was just messing around. I knew he was playing with me but no matter how much I told myself not to want it in this moment, I couldn't help my body from feeling otherwise.

He pulled away, almost reluctantly, and walked back around to my front. "Ready to go?" He asked quietly.

"Yea, let's go... you jerk."

• • •

"How can it be a surprise if we're walking there? It's New York City, Buck, I've seen everything here," I pointed out.

"Sure you have, but there's something here I'm certain you've forgotten about." I looked at him on confusion and continued walking in his footsteps.