21 - Alone Time

(Author's note: since I've been away for too long, let's enjoy a slow, relaxing chapter for once)

Erick's POV

I ran my fingers in Bella's hair, twirling with the strains slowly. She's in my arms, I can't see her face but I know she's not sleeping yet.

"Do you regret it? Knowing me?" My mouth let the question slipped out.

She immediately sits up, facing me with disapproving look. A hard slap landed on my shoulder. "How dare you ask that question to me. Never, Erick. I can't even find a reason for me to!" she exclaimed before landing her head back onto my chest.

It makes me smile, knowing that no matter what situation we're in, I'll always have her by my side. "But I put us in trouble." I whispered.

"Juan put us in trouble. Not you." she hissed. "Stop talking about this Erick. Can't we talk about fun things? Like how Richard is actually a badass in life, not only in his looks?" she tries to change the subject.

The thought of it makes me chuckles. The odds of life, man. It's really something else. I know Richard grew up a street boy. I know he can go through any obstacles in life. But to know that he has connections with gangs as powerful as Juan's makes me reconsider all the hurtful jokes with thrown to him all these years we've lived together.

The head of the gang, Ricky, wasn't just close with him. He said he's indebted to Richard for some reason. He was the one that provided guns for the guys when they came to help me against Juan last year at the warehouse. And now he gave us a hiding place, with his people surrounding the parameter to protect us.

"I wonder what Richard has done before that made Ricky bows to him like that." Bella says.

I'm wondering the same. Richard never mentioned about this Ricky before. But when we met the guy just now, they seem so close. Almost just like us in the band. Like brothers.

I nod my head and tell her I'm wondering the same thing. Then my mind starts shifting its focus on Jaime. "Do you think the boys are okay with Jay right now?" I ask.

As soon as we get here the boys took Jaime away and forced us into this room, telling us to have some rest while they handle our son. 'You haven't spent alone time together since you got your memory back' they said.

"They'll be fine. Who do you think took care of him while I was busy looking after you at the hospital when you're in coma?" Bella replied.

My eyes widened when I think about it. "You let my bandmates look after our son?" I asked semi-yelling, making Bella sits up again to face me.

She looks calm as she nods. "I told them to send him to Anitta if they couldn't handle him. But they didn't, so I guess they can take care of our son well."

Those fools, handling my child all day without their ex girlfriends around to help them. It's crazy. But a part of me is touched at how far they would go when I'm in need.

I chuckle as I shook my head. "Can't believe they'd look after a baby for me. Can you imagine the chaos in that house the first day they know how Jaime would scream out when he's in bad mood?" I asks Bella, still laughing at the thought of it.

She laughs too. "I never thought about it before since I was focusing just on you. But now that you said it, I can imagine it. Must be a lot of screaming and running around happening in the house." she replied.

"Especially Chris." we both said at the same time and burst into laughter again.

When we stopped Bella reaches for my hand, her face looking down at it. "But seriously when you were lying on that bed, unconscious, I couldn't think of anything else. My mind only plays your name, your pictures, and prayers for you to wake up."

Her eyes get teary when she looks back at me. "And when you finally wakes up, you didn't remember me. I kept asking myself if I have done such a big sin for you to forget me like that. Which is why no matter how dangerous it is, I won't ever leave you right now. I've lost you enough. I won't let you leave my sight now." she adds.

I know it hurts her so much. The accident, the memory loss. I don't even know what I'd do if I were in her place. But she never gave up on me. I've put her through a lot but she's still here.

I pull her closer to me and kiss her head. "Thank you for being strong for me." I said before I kiss her lips. "For us" she said replies.