Writing On The Walls

When i arrive to my destination i fall onto the uneven grass and catch my breath. Its not much really, just an old two story flat thats been invaded with vines and pests. Inside, you can tell its been abandoned for ten years just by glancing at the furniture.

    As i lay on my back on the grass i stare up at the cloudy sky and immediatley my head begins to clear. I can hear my breath beggining to slow down and i can feel my adrenaline slowing down as well.

     The small garden im laying in belonged to the daughter of the family who last lived in the flat. Most likely, she played with her dolls here as i recovered many forgotten toys when i first encountered the garden.

   I dont know why this is relaxing to me... it should be creepy. But its not. Something about the flat appeals to me.

   When i gaze up i can see the large oaks covering the small amount of light that the sun provides. I nod my head to the rythym of the swaying branches above me.

   All of a sudden i hear a loud "psssst" sound. Abrubtly, i wake up from my trance and follow the sound. As i get closer i find that the sound leads me to the bridge that was demolished over fifty years ago. And rests in the almost never ending backyard of the flat

   As the crumbling bridge comes to view i make out a figure facing one of the concrete pillars holding it up. I walked closer and i recognized the sound as an aersol can being sprayed.

   I kept walking towards the person until i stepped on a brach and the spraying stopped. I stood there frozen as the figure turned around slowly and faced me.

    I was close enough to see his face in detail and could make out his soft brown eyes staring me down. He had a hood up but i could see his caramel brown hair gelled into a messy quiff. Behind him i saw the detailed drawing he had managed to make in less than ten minutes.

"Um...," he began, "can i help you?"

"Shit. Sorry. Uhm..." I sputtered. He looked at me, almost concerned. This wasnt going as i planned. My eyes gazed over the graffiti still dripping.

"Yeah uh sorry. Thats pretty cool though... what you spray painted."

He smirked and gave me a sorta 'hey its okay you seem cool' kinda look.

"Er, thanks." he responded. "Im Zayn by the way."

"Im Liz." i smiled.