when the party's over / hank x reader

Warnings: mentions of past trauma, alcoholism, cheating and self harm. Angst.

Song: when the party's over by Billie Eilish (above)

—————————

Don't you know I'm no good for you
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to

A series of heated one night stands between you and a rather complex man named hank had started 2 months ago today. His misery suited yours well and though you couldn't deny the toxicity of it all you were just as hooked as him.
"It's our anniversary today," you joked, sliding your elbow across the dirty counter of the bar nudging him with your elbow. You were desperate for a reaction from him, he'd been silent all night. He simply scoffed and took a swig of his drink, shaking his head as he did so.

Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin'
But nothin' ever stops you leavin'

You had your own issues to deal with, a fucking mountain of them. So much trauma all dissolved in liquid guilt, he was an addict just like you. So in that sense you empathised with him deeply, on a level that no one else could. You'd always been so empathetic, so willing to put yourself on the front line in the name of love.

Or in this case in the name of a good fuck.

"Is that all I am to you, a good fuck?!" You yelled, bitter tears dancing their way down your and cheeks meeting the floor.
"What and you expected something more?!" You'd like to say his words didn't hurt you but nothing had ever stung so bad. He left the bar without you that night.

Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

The cold air of Detroit stung your sensitive arms, you looked down at the raised hair and goosebumps and a mist the mess of freckles and soft skin were marks of an unkind manner. Something to remind you of darker times.

"I think they're beautiful." He mumbled, you looked up to him in the moonlight eyes full of hope. No one had ever given you so much affection before, filled you with so much love. It felt like heaven and hell.
He traced the scars lightly with his fingers as he continued to stare into the abyss. You wished he'd meant what he said, he didn't really care about you in that sense. In the sense of sex and companionship, something you had both been deprived of for years now, he adored you.