SEVEN || HEALING BROKEN HEARTS

The next night was foggy, Fallon's boots crunching over the leaves as she walked through the Serpent Camp. Sweet Pea was with Dray, Fangs, and Jughead working on new plans for what should happen if the Ghoulies were to surprise attack.

It was then as she passed by Dixie and Dallas's shared tent that she heard her name, and she slowed her pace, silently listening to the end of their conversation. Dallas sounded upset, Dixie speaking in hushed, stressed tones.

    "...What the hell am I supposed to say? 'I love you and you're the reason I even came back to Riverdale at all'?" Dallas spat, Dixie sighing heavily. "I don't even know, Dal. I mean sure, I remember the glory days of when you and Fallon were disgustingly in love with each other, the noises that came from your bedrooms at night were nothing to scoff at. The love I saw between you two when you were together? That was the most raw, beautiful kind of love I ever saw. Yeah, you might've been her ride or die then, but now? Jesus, Dallas, she's got a kid! She's engaged to Sweet Pea and dammit, she's happy! Do you really wanna break that up?"

    Fallon nearly choked when she heard what they were talking about, but managed to stay silent as the exchange continued.

    "Seeing Fal happy is all I want. But damn if I'm not still hopelessly in love with her. She was my girl, Dixie. Mine. It tears me apart every day to see Fallon in Sweet Pea's arms, so excuse me if I'm wishing upon a fucking shooting star to have the only girl I've ever really been in love with back!"

    Dixie sighed again. "Look, Dallas, I'm tuckered out. I feel for you, but I need sleep. We can talk tomorrow."

    A pause.

    "Yeah, I guess. I'll see you tomorrow, Dixie."

    Fallon bolted then, stopping a few tents away, trying to keep her hands from shaking as Dallas exited the tent, freezing when she saw Fallon. Fallon followed her as she walked away, not missing the way Dallas flinched when Fallon laid a hand on her arm. "Hey, um..." Fallon started, "What were you and Dixie talking about?"

    Dallas's face darkened, and she pulled away from the other blonde, starting to walk away. "It's nothing."

    Fallon raised her voice then, frustration taking over. "I just feel like if my name is in your mouth I should know." Dallas whipped around, her eyes sharp. "You weren't even supposed to hear any of that." Fallon took a step towards her. "What the hell are you talking about?"

    "I can't tell you that." Dallas said, her tone deadly calm. "What?!" Fallon snapped, "What can't you tell me?" She could tell she was pushing Dallas's buttons, and shit was about to go south. "You need to leave. Right now." Dallas growled, and Fallon grabbed Dallas's arm, forcing the girl to look her in the eye. "God damnit, Dallas, just say it!"

    Dallas, her voice shaking with pain and anger, snapped. "I can't keep kissing strangers and pretending that they're you!" She choked, making Fallon physically flinch backwards. "Dallas...please...don't do this to yourself..."

    "Do you know how hard it is to go through every fucking day seeing the girl you're hopelessly, disgustingly in love with in the arms of someone else?" Dallas spat, her eyes blurred with tears. "Giving away all of herself to one of your best friends? You're hurting me, Fallon!"

    Fallon felt a tear drip down her cheek and she furiously swiped it away, hating that Dallas had made her cry. "Please, just let me go!" She said, biting back a sob. "Why, Fal? Why can't you love me back?" Dallas cried, her tone absolutely hopeless, completely lost. Fallon's tears were running freely now, the hot drops clawing their way out of her eyes as her throat tightened. "I never meant to hurt you, Dally--" She started, but stopped when Dallas flinched, her back to Fallon.

    "D-don't...please don't...don't call me that..." She whimpered, her voice shaking like a leaf. "I'm so, so sorry." Fallon choked, and it hurt even more when Dallas let out a humorless laugh, the sound cruel and hard.

    "You broke my heart and all you can say is sorry. I came back for you, and all you can say is sorry." She spat. "Dallas..." Fallon whispered, and Dallas shook her head, wringing her hands together. "I should never have come back. It was a mistake, coming back here. I can't do this anymore. Not with you."

    She left Fallon standing there in the dark, red hot tears burning her skin.

    Fallon ran blindly through the camp to her and Pea's tent, falling inside and scaring the hell out of him. Alarmed, he pulled her into his arms and tried to assess the damage, his worried brown eyes searching her face. "Baby, what happened? Are you hurt? Come on, Fallon, talk to me!"

    She gripped his black t-shirt, her tears soaking the fabric. "I hurt her, Pea! She never stopped loving me and I hurt her so bad--" She sobbed, confusing him further. "Who, Blue Eyes? Who are you talking about?"

    "Dallas! I walked away from her that day, not her! She never stopped loving me and I broke her damn heart!"

    Sweet Pea let out a heavy sigh, pulling Fallon to his chest and kissing the top of her head, his thumbs rubbing circles on her spine. Soon her sobs subsided to hiccups, and the raw hurt turned to guilt. "You must think I'm crazy for crying over my ex when I'm lucky enough to have you." She murmured, her cheek pressed to his shoulder. "Oh, Blue Eyes, no matter what happens I'll never leave you alone. I love you, so much it's crazy. You're my girl, you got that?" He said, and she nodded, reaching up to press her lips to his.

    "I love you, Sweet Pea." She sighed, relaxing into his arms, and she felt his heartbeat in her ears as she leaned her head against his chest. "I love you, babygirl." He mumbled into her hair, her eyes shutting as she slipped into an exhausted slumber.

~~~~~~

    Dallas sat on her bike, a cigarette between her fingers and tear stains on her cheeks, staring listlessly up at the moon in the sky. She barely heard the footsteps behind her, but was mildly surprised when Dray Sanchez settled on the bike next to her, his brown eyes glinting. "Hey, Dallas...." He started, "You okay?"

    She let out a cold laugh, taking another drag of her cigarette. "What does it look like?" She snapped, and Dray cast his eyes downward, obviously embarrassed. "Sorry...it just looked like you could use some company."

    She sighed, twisting to face him as she crushed her cigarette under her boot heel, wiping at her eyes. "Sorry, I'm not trying to be such a fucking mess." She mumbled, staring at her hands, but looked up in surprise when Dray reached out and tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her heavily pierced ear. "Nobody tries to be a mess, princess. Don't apologize for that."

    A smile ghosted across her lips as she eyed the boy across from her, who gave her a lopsided smile, the moonlight casting a soft glow across his chiseled features. "Thank you," Dallas whispered, and Dray cocked an eyebrow. "For what?"

    "For being here." She said, and he smiled at her, making her bruised heart beat a little faster, a little stronger, a little lighter. "Any time." He replied, and his hand found hers, her fingers running across the scar that traversed his knuckles, the cold silver snake rings on his index and middle digits.

    Her eyes slipped shut as he leaned in, but she exhaled as his lips pressed gently to her forehead, surprisingly soft and warm. "Slow," He said, and she let out a small laugh. "Slow." She agreed, and let him hold her hand as the moon sailed softly across the sky.

_______________

hi hello good morning here's a new chapter because i stay up too late writing! tell me what you think!
xo,
sinatra rose