Chapter Seven

C h a p t e r S e v e n
F i r e p l a c e M a g i c

The next day after classes, Evelyn went to the school owlery in hopes that her father's owl, Evard, would have returned with a letter from her father

When she arrived, she was pleased to see the dark feathered owl was perched on one of the stone ledges. In its beak was an envelope with a her name wrote neatly on the front.

Evelyn Black

Evelyn took the letter from Evard gently, which she had learned prevented the creature from biting. She opened it excitedly, glad to see that it was indeed her father's handwriting. She checked that no one was entering the owlery before she began to read.

My dearest Evelyn,

I am pleased to hear that you returned to Hogwarts safely, I was terribly worried after hearing what happened at the World Cup. But I knew that I would never be able to convince you to stay away, something I am both proud and frustrated with.

As much as I'd love to ask you about your classes, I need to know more about Harry's name being pulled from the Goblet of Fire.

You are a very intelligent girl Evelyn, and I know that you already understand how dangerous this tournament is. Something is going on at Hogwarts. You need to be extremely cautious especially with the Drumstrang Headmaster, Igor Karkaroff being at Hogwarts.

We will discuss this later. I need to speak with you and Harry. On Saturday night, I want you both to go to the Gryffindor Common Room at 1am. Make sure no one else is there, I shall see you then my little girl.

Please be careful,

Love always, Dad.

Once Evelyn was finished reading, she was quick to fold the letter and put it into her robe pocket.

She smiled at Edvar, passing him a treat which he eagerly nibbled on.

"Good boy," she praised. "Now you should head home."

Evelyn watched as the bird took off with a leap, watching as it glided gracefully into the distance. When the owl was out of sign, the girl exited the tower to find her friend and tell him of her father's plans.