The Transporter [Mystery]

"Dakota!" Hugo roared before I even hold the knob to go out of the office.

With a sigh, I turned and raised my brow in question. I have taken the delivery at 10pm just after my 8pm one deadline. It is a hassle but with lesser automobiles at late night makes me agreed and grab the two shipments.

I need the money. It is everything I need to live right now. My deceased mother cheats and fucks all night to have some cash for her alcohol addiction while I didn't even remember my father being sober, he's high as a fucking kite. I believe he doesn't even know he had a daughter and a cheating wife. Both parents are deceased but they told me the most important thing in life is money.

Ironically, they were the one to leave me in foster care and by the time I turned 21, the Italian mafia cornered me for the debts of my parents. I believe I could have died that night but they had a proposal and it was me transporting packages for them whenever they needed. A simple task for some but not for the others.

Hugo is the manager of the said transport paste. I knew the moment I stepped foot in this warehouse that the parcels were full of drugs and illegal firearms. But I never complained. I had my fair share of cash commission and I'm paying off the debt and complete the payment in no time. Unless you think negatively and see 20 years of working as a transporter to pay debts is an issue.

Small part of my brain knew I couldn't even leave after the 20 years of service. Who in their right mind would want a person who knew all the illegal process of the mafia out and about America? Europe? Asia?

The chubby man in white dress shirt grinned at me with his all pearly white teeth on show. He is a big man, standing aroind 6 feet 4 with a built of a wrestler around 200 pounds of weight. But he never once scared me, intimidated maybe, but he's a warm fella. If anything, he even replaced the father I had lost 10 years ago.

"Don't forget to come by Patrice. She's been wanting to have you for dinner" his wife is a lovely lady, come to think of it I don't know why they are doing illegal business for a mafia leader who I haven't even met. They are a normal family with a small white home next to a lake. A simple house for a millionaire mafia member.

"Course, I'll be there next sunday night. Just gotta have this delivery on time on friday evening" I raised the papers and the box I am holding and waved goodbye.

The box is eerily light like it doesn't even have anything inside but I dare not ask what thing is in there. I never asked what or questioned why. Just where and when, like I should as a delivery guy.

It is better not knowing how evil and dangerous my work is other than know every single detail and know how much the government or the FBI wanted me dead before I reach my destination.

I paced towards the front door of this seemingly empty warehouse and found my Chevy truck just opposite the small road.

I have to move 150km per hour for around 30 minutes before I reach the main road, that is how hidden the office is. Although I never minded, they pay for gas and give me good cars so... Who am I to complain.

I read my watch saying it is 6 in the evening, I have two hours to get to the unloading address which should be a sick 200km per hour drive, and I'm hoping the freeway is smooth tonight.

The sun sets and the dim litted road was all I focused on, not anmoment later. I still have to change cars by 9pm before I went to get my next loading for delivery.

It has been stated in my papers in the special conditions field 'Specials: loading of package should be in a sedan with air-conditioning. Making sure that the said car is slightly tinted'