Harvey (2) - Jealousy

I rest my head on Harvey's shoulder and let out a massive yawn. Me, him, Max, Dobby and Ella are having a sleepover and we've just spent all day binge watching The Lord of the Rings.

"Come on Y/N, stay awake for me" Harv whispers, "There's only half an hour left. Don't leave me alone with these nutters!"

"I'll need some ice cream then" I murmur, rubbing my eyes and sitting up so he can get off the couch.

I shift into a different position, trying to make myself comfortable but to no avail. Max smiles brightly at me and sits beside me, gesturing to his shoulder. I smile sleepily and curl up against him, yawning yet again. Harvey comes back through holding a massive bowl of ice cream and almost drops it when he sees Max and I.

"You stole my seat" he glares at his brother, "Can I have it back please?"

"Y/N's nearly asleep, Harv" Max whispers, "I don't want to disturb her"

"Really, wow" Harvey retorts, "She asked me to get her ice cream Max, she wants to stay awake and finish the film, please just sit with Ella and Dobby."

"Tell you what!" I snap, standing up, "I'll sit with Ella and Dobby"

I politely take the bowl out of Harvey's hand and sit beside Ella, laughing lightly as she takes a spoon from her pocket and has a spoonful of ice cream.

"Where on earth did that come from?" I laugh.

"What?" Ella defends, "I came prepared!"

The four of us burst into laughter as she shoots us all confused looks. I shake my head and have some ice cream, enjoying the rest of the film with my best friends.

***

I wake up to the sound of a door sliding open and closed. I check the time my phone, 03:24. Rubbing my eyes, I sit up and throw on my dressing gown, wrapping it tightly around myself as I open the patio doors.

"Harvey?" I ask.

He spins around, eyes wide, before sighing in relief.

"Hey Y/N" he smiles, "What are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same" I reply, standing beside him.

"You could" he agrees, looking thoughtful, "But I asked you first."

I roll my eyes and laugh, "You woke me up!"

"Oh, sorry Y/N" he replies, laughing as well, "I didn't mean to wake anyone"

"It's fine" I shrug, "What about you? Why are you awake?"

"Thinking." he says, bluntly.

"What about?" I ask.

It's silent for a while.

"Are you in love with Max?"

"What?" I gasp, "No! No, I'm not"

"Okay good" he breathes.

"Why is that good?" I ask.

"Because" he shrugs, cheeks flushing red.

"Because what?" I pry, "Come on, Harv, you know you can tell me anything! Is he in love with me?"

"No" he mumbles, "Not him... me"

"You're in love with me?" I ask.

"Yes" he admits, looking at me, "I... you know what forget it, it doesn't matter. Let's just go inside."

"Harvey" I whisper, "I love you too"

"You do?" he beams.

"Yeah" I laugh.

He chuckles and takes slow steps towards me. I reach up and cup his face before we lean in and share a soft kiss.

"HA!" Max yells, "I KNEW IT!"