ten

(A/N: update its really short but oh well yaya I gotta start writing, my thoughts keep chnging on this story, I dont kane whether to love or hate it, but I also have so many different dieas for stroies holy shit its cray, enjoy mama citaś )

Her appearance scared her, her eye was puffed up, her lip was cut, a purple yellow and green bruise outlined her rib cage, it may seem weird but all Evan could think was how beautiful she was when she was in such a vulnerable state.

She was getting ready to soak herself in a bath but got too distracted staring at herself naked in the mirror wonder where she went wrong. What made these girls harm her, she wasn’t a model looking girl, she was dull, a plain Jane with cool hair and a decent fashion sense, how could they ever think she was going to swoop Calum up off his feet.

Sucking in her breath she slowly lowered herself in the infused warm bath water preparing to soak for hours.

Her mind travelled to many different places, her hurt was more evident then her happiness and her smile rarely showed anymore.

She thought about school, which she was almost more then sure she was going to skip out on for the rest of the week until her face and body felt healthy enough to endure the anxiety she faces with entering the school gates. She thought about home, how much she missed her own bed, how much she missed Bailey and how much she hated her parents for shipping her off.

Sure, they put up a hell of a fight just for her, but only to save their own names from the shame that would be cast upon them if everyone new the truth.

Evan missed the attention, in a good way of course, the attention she would get from boys when she walked (more like strutted) down the halls before class, and she missed how she was pretty much making her way up the popularity chain to be queen bee, before everything come crashing down. She missed the random hookups she would have with a boy in the cleaning closet or when she would have boys throwing roses at her feet wherever she walked.

However on the other end of the line, Calum was sitting bare chested in the kitchen of Michaels home. After tossing and turning all not he realized something was missing, a body beside him radiating heat that once made him sleep peacefully. When Calum realized that Evan had in fact disappeared he panicked, ran out the door of Michael’s room and into the kitchen where Michael was sitting eating 2 day old pizza for breakfast.

“I took her home” Michael spoke.

“What do you mean you took her home, what happened?” Calum half yelled.

“She was trying to sneak out of the house but I was eating cereal when she tried to get to the front door, luckily I was up to be able to drive her home otherwise we aren’t sure she would of actually made it home…” He finished chewing.

“So instead of freaking out, you should be thanking me” Michael continued his sentence smirking at his distraught friend who’s face had now softened to know she was safe.

“I thought everything was okay, I don’t know why she left… Did I like, scare her off or something?” Calum run his clammy palms through his hair.
“I wouldn’t exactly say you scared her off” Michael blurted out.

“Huh?” Calum furrowed his eyebrows.

“Joan did it” Michael sighed and looked up to Calum.

“Bullshit?” Calum slumped down on the kitchen stool, with his head in his hands.

“It was her and a couple more girls, she’s scared, she doesn’t want us near her, she doesn’t want to cause anymore trouble then she already has” Michael stood to place his rubbish in the bin, Calum wanting room to think, Michael clearly sensed this and started to leave the room.

“She’s worth it, I can tell Cal” Michael said over his shoulder walking to the spare room where he will crash until about 3 in the afternoon, he decided sleep was more important then school.

Calum sat alone leaning on the island going through all the things and ways he could possibly make it better, one idea stood out the most and he was so tempted to do it. As sensible as Calum may be, he chose to go through with it.

However, after drowning her body for hours Evan decided she needed sleep but she was tossed up between too types. A type that she will wake up from and a type that she will not.