(9) Stalking and Trespassing

"I'm such an idiot. I forgot my trig book."

After a week, Makennah had finally stopped fighting back vomit every time she said the word "trig" like it was a highly communicable disgusting disease. However, she had not come to the terms with the fact that she was an actual trigonometry student.

"We can share, no worries," Grace said, flouncing on her bed and snuggling into a mountain of frilly white pillows. "How was practice?" She asked.

Makennah had just showered and piled a towel on her head with her hair wrapped up so that it would dry. Nick, Matt, and Josh dropped her off at Grace's house after they all finished practice.

"It was pretty good. The team has started talking to me more now that they know I've joined the team." When she announced the big news to Carolynn, she screamed with joy, ran to get her laptop, and immediately printed off the soccer game schedule so that she could hang it on the fridge. "Got my uniform too. Starting to learn their names slowly but surely."

"Honestly I don't know a lot of girls on the team. They kind of....well they're their own....people."

Nervousness spiked in her belly. "What does that mean?" She tried to sound casual.

"They just hang out together all the time alone. There was a rumor last year that they were all secretly lesbians." Grace propped her head up on her hand, laying on her side.

Okay, Makennah had to laugh at that. "Yeah they're not all lesbians. Half the team have boyfriends. Serious boyfriends."

"I'm just teasing," Grace said around a big laugh. "I seriously just made all that up. I know some of them. They're cool people. They'll warm up to you."

Makennah shot her a look. "You're annoying."

Grace threw at pillow at Makennah's head. "Take it back!"

Makennah dodged too hard and her towel toppled over. Her head fell into Grace's desk chair. Grace burst out laughing and threw another pillow at her as icing on top of the cake.

"Stop it!" Makennah yelled. She righted her towel and positioned it on top of her head.

"I'll get snacks! Then we can get started!" Grace hopped down the stairs to the kitchen.

Makennah hollered after her, "Water bottle too please!"

"Yes, your royal highness!"

Makennah just shook her head at Grace's dramatics and opened her bag to prepare her things for their collaborative homework date.

An hour later, Makennah was so frustrated that she could barely see straight. Her hair was mostly dry and hanging in waves around her face. Grace was trying her best to keep her cool, because - surprisingly - she was struggling more than Makennah which she didn't think was possible. It was weird to see Grace in this kind of light, frustrated and falling apart when she was always so beautiful and put together.

"Let's take a break! I can't do this for a second longer without ice cream!" Again, Grace disappeared down into the kitchen. Her eating habits amazed Makennah because Grace ate like garbage and managed to stay so fit and skinny.

While Grace retrieved her ice cream, Makennah whipped out her phone because it had dinged several times in the last minute with text messages. She had no friends so she really didn't know who on earth it could be.

T- WE HAVE TO GO

T- where are you? I'm picking you up

T- hellooooooo Kennah answer your phone

T- this is an emergency