Chapter 25 Approaching Death

The bass had fallen with me but it was fine. IT WAS A MAN LIKE ME! UNFUCKWITHABLE! Malcolm walked out of his room and stood at the top of the staircase. He looked at the instrument and then at me.
"I'm okay! The guitar is okay too! BYE senior!" I just ran after that.

I reached home and Jaden called. I picked up the call while walking towards my room. Mom and Anna were surprised to see that beautiful, shiny, bass guitar in my hand.
"Oh hey, Jaden,"
"Kate, I heard you went somewhere with a senior so I got worried," Jaden said.

"Oh, don't worry, it wasn't a bully. It was a nice senior,"
"Kate! What did you get that guitar from?" Mom asked.
"Hey Kate, you play the guitar now?" Anna asked.
I ignored them and went into my room. I pressed the guitar against the wall near my bed and began removing my shoes.
"Where did you go?" Jaden asked.
"To his place. He taught me how to play the bass."

"Oh? You're learning how to play the bass?"
"Yeah. I wanna join the music club."
"Those people were so cool. I couldn't see their faces,"
"They were all seniors." I threw my shoes aside. The bass guitar slowly leaned sideways, "OH NO—" And it fell down on the floor making a crashing voice.

"What was that?"
"I'LL CALL YOU LATER JADEN!" I threw the phone aside and rushed towards the bass guitar, "Oh my god!" I checked if there were any scratches. It was okay. Thank God. I went on YouTube that night to watch some epic bass guitarists videos. I will tell you guys—I was addicted. I even saw some amazing bass solos and played them in full volume inside my headphones while pretending to play the bass in my hands.

I was so fired up, I decided to just rip it! I picked up my bass but it didn't make any noise. WHY?! I looked up on the internet. Oh, a bass guitar by itself doesn't make any sound. You need to get a bass amp. The inexpensive ones would do. They started from the range of $60...Bruh. Well guess what—Fuck it! I'm buying it, I don't care! I AM A RICH BITCH! I EAT DIAMONDS FOR DINNER AND SHIT ON A TOILET SEAT MADE OF GOLD!

I ordered it from my mom's debit card.
Sorry mom, your son has finally grown his marbles! The delivery would take a day.

Next day, I went to school. I saw Harrison throw a half eaten burger into the dustbin.
"Why are you wasting food?" I asked.
"Oh, hi Kate. Well, that burger isn't fresh. And now my stomach hurts,"
"You wanna use the bathroom?"
"Nah, I'll be fine. I can digest rocks if I want to. That's how strong my hydrochloric acid is,"
"...I'm surprised you still have a stomach,"

"Jokes on you to assume that I have one. My food floats around inside my belly until all the acid burns it and then it's all dissolved and absorbed."
"Bro, don't you shit?"
"I'm not a girl! I don't shit!"

Ever since I've started talking to Harrison, I've realised that he's a really weird guy. Well, he's been with Brandon Johnson throughout his life. It would be weird if he wasn't weird.
"Hi Kate," Jaden was wearing a white coat and orange glasses.
"Hi Jaden. Chemistry?"
"Yeah," He had his books inside his hands, "I'll go!"

"Bye," Jaden waved and I waved back. Harry's phone started ringing so he picked it up.

"Hello?"
"Harry" I heard a man with a really crusty ass voice. As if he had caught a cold.
"Yes, brother. What is it?" Harry said. Oh, so it's his brother. Louise, right?
"Mom and dad have their anniversary today, so they will back home tomorrow morning. They're going to a hill station"

"Oh, yeah, they told me," Harry said.
"Yes, and I'm going out with MJ tonight so you're in charge,"
"Wait, me alone at home? I can't! Mom and dad told you to take care of me!"
"Don't be like that. You're not a kid. Ask Brandon to stay over if you're so scared"

"Brandon is useless"
"Then, ask some other useful friend of yours,"

"Kate will you come?" Harrison asked me.
"I have a delivery coming home tonight so I don't think I can come." That amplifier will come between four to six in the evening. I need to stay at home.
"I'll be back till midnight"

"I CAN'T! BROTHER, PLEASE DON'T GO!" Aw Harry.
"Do you want me to rip off your marbles?" I felt it. We both covered our crotches. What a heartless man. 
"I'll be there, brother,"
"That's my little brother. And I just want to inform you that our house was built on a graveyard, so don't be shocked if some ghost comes out from the floor during the night, just throw some salt at it."

"WAIT—WHAT?" He hung up. Harry called again but he didn't pick up. He looked at me, "Sorry," It was a golden chance to go to Harry's place but ugh!
"CAN SOMEONE COME HOME WITH ME TODAY?" Harry shouted standing in the corridors. Everyone started at him and finally a guy came up to him and said "Dude, when was the last time you masturbated?"

Everyone started laughing.
"No, I didn't mean it that way," Harry said. Everyone left to their respective classrooms. I felt bad for Harry but you guys know I have my reasons. I just went to my class while Harry went in another direction.

"We are supposed to do a group project for this chapter!" Mr Patrick, our Math teacher, said. "Make groups of two, one of you will do the worksheet while one will bring some practical applications of all that we've learnt in that chapter. So, I need volunteers,"

Do you seriously think that someone would raise his hand for this shit?! ONLY AN IDIOT WILL DO THAT! Suddenly I saw my crush, Elizzie Brown raise her hand. Well...it's good for our studies and we should always try something new so maybe I'll give in. It—It's not like I'm doing this to work with Elizzie and get closer to her. NO! Only a douche bag would come up with something like this! I am pure.

I raised my hand and Mr Patrick noticed me right away "Mr Roberts, you never fail to surprise me. Finally, you surprised me with something other than your marks. Because you are the only student who manages to fail even in the easiest exams and pass in the most difficult ones."

"Oh no, sir," I said "It's not me, it's just because you are our teacher,"
"Fine, so Mr Kate Roberts and Mr Ralf Kaise, both of you will be working together on this assignment" Mr Patrick said.

WAIT—WHO?! RALF KAISE? I THOUGHT IT WAS ELIZZIE'S HAND? NO, THAT WAS A PARALLAX ERROR! HE RAISED HIS HAND WHILE HE WAS SITTING BESIDE HER, BUT FROM MY VIEW IT LOOKED AS IF ELIZZIE RAISED HER HAND—NO! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Seriously, the situations I put myself into.

After the class, Ralf walked towards me, "Shall we discuss what we're gonna do?" I could never get used to that accent. Ralf Kaise was also a transfer student here from I don't know—The UK? "Are you from England, Ralf?

"I'm from Wales,"
"That's a town in England?"
"It's another fucking country,"
"So, you're not from London?"
"My biological mom is from London,"

"...I don't understand. Are you English or you aren't?"
"Listen, stop annoying me,"
"Okay," I said in a British accent just to annoy him.
"You don't sound native. Stop it,"
"Stop it," I copied his accent.
"Now listen here, you wanker. I'll do the project work, while you do those worksheets since you're good at Math,"

"Who told you I'm good at math?"
"I mean you scored pretty fairly,"
"That was a coincidence,"
"I'm expecting similar coincidences to happen,"
"I don't control that,"
"Then control it,"

This bloke is annoying. Yes, I'm fairly British now, have a gander!

"Okay," I was back to my American accent because I love my country, "I'll get the work done as soon as possible,"
"Latest by this week end"
"So, on Monday?"
"I hope so. Can you do it?" 

"Oh, it'll be a snap. I can do it with my eyes shut," I bragged and turned the other way. I was going to practice my bass tonight and start with the project tomorrow morning. I was thinking about my bass amp that would be here soon. I WILL—

"Katty!"
Oh no. Not right now.

-To be continued

Kate RobertsAll I Want Is You Baby

Kate Roberts
All I Want Is You Baby