Liar Liar

July 31, 2014

"Don't touch me, geek!" Amy yelled, pushing Tom.

"You hit me first!" Tom shouted, shoving Amy back.

"Did not!" Amy growled, shoving him back.

"Did too!" Tom yelled, pushing Amy again.

"Did not!" Amy screeched, pushing Tom a last time.

"Did TOO!" Tom roared, pushing his sister with a force that neither of them knew he had.

That last push sent Amy stumbling backwards, hitting the small table that had a vase on top of it. The vase teetered for a moment before falling and hitting the tile.

'CRASH!'

Amy gasped and Tom's eyes widened. "Oh no! Mom's vase!" Tom exclaimed worriedly.

"Oh geez! Daddy's gonna kill us! He said we'd be in big trouble if we fought again!" Amy groaned.

"Hello!? We broke Mom's vase! She'll kill us double if she finds out we broke her favorite vase!" Tom gestured to the broken pieces desperately.

Amy gained a thoughtful look. "Not if she doesn't find out..."

"What do you mean?" Tom asked exasperatedly. He was fed up with his sister's 'bright ideas'.

"Listen, Tom. If you want to avoid getting skinned by Mom and Daddy, you have to at least hear me out," Amy sighed.

Tom sighed. He was going to regret this so much. "Fine. What's your plan?"

Amy grinned. "Okay, so we just clean up the pieces carefully, put them in the trash can outside, and act like Tabby did it," she explained.

"I smell a flaw. How are we going to clean it before Mrs. Allen notices?" Tom pointed out, crossing his arms.

Tabby was their cat that they had gotten months before. She was always getting into mischief even while still a kitten. Mrs. Allen was their babysitter that was hired to watch the kids while their parents were out on a case.

"Easy. We walk past her. She's sleeping, and we all know that she's a heavy sleeper. It's foolproof, Tom," Amy replied.

"Fine. Let's do it quick," Tom grumbled.

The two hurriedly got the dust pan and broom and swept up all of the pieces of the blue antique vase. Tom did a twice-over to make sure that they had gotten every little bit, big or small.

"Ow!" Tom yelped, holding his finger.

"What?" Amy asked in concern.

"I think I cut my finger," Tom whimpered, examining the wound.

Amy looked at his finger once and shoved it away. "That's a paper cut. Tough it out," she growled.

They placed the mess in a plastic bag and snuck by the snoozing, elderly babysitter and out the back door. Tom lifted the trash lid and Amy threw the bag with glass in it.

"Done! Now, don't act guilty. Once they sense guilt, Daddy will interrogate. Then, Mom will dust for evidence," Amy warned.

"Hey, how do you know that YOU won't blow it?" Tom asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Because we all know that I am the Queen of Liars and you're the Queen of Guilt," Amy replied smugly.

"Am not..." Tom grumbled, following her inside the house.

~*~NCIS~*~

Tim walked into his house. Abby would follow soon, she had some evidence to lock up and told him to go home before her. He paid the babysitter and set his keys down on the small table.