(F)lawless I

Dark and Asmoday in the same room. This is going to either be awful or amazing. "You don't have any idea how difficult this is." Dark said. "I think I know." Asmoday replied. "You seem well. (Y/N) keeping you busy?" "She cries during every Grey's Anatomy episode...I'm swamped." Dark smirked and chuckled. "She's something else." he said. Asmoday formed a hint of a smile. "Don't hurt her." he said. Asmoday's smile quickly turned into a frown. "I haven't. You have." Dark grew stern. "Your impulsive nature concerns me. She'd be torn up if you bounced on her." "I won't." he replied. "I wish I could believe that...but I know you better than what you think." "You know what I've been gracious enough to let you know and nothing more." Dark bit his tongue. That's something that's hard for him to do...so at least I know he's trying to do right by the situation. "You keep assuming that I'm going to up and leave. I never leave, I just change what I do." "That's the problem." Dark replied.  "You've left a wake of hurt. It's taking a lot to keep me from coming unglued right now. I kinda have a thing about others hurting those I love." Asmoday just looked at him for awhile. "I kinda have a thing about being away from life for long periods of time. I have some catching up to do." "So catch up...but stop dragging others into it." "So I'm supposed to go at it alone? I've been alone for almost all my life. I think I deserve some company now. I know I've earned it." Dark sighed. "I didn't mean literally. I meant, quit creating these situations just to see if you like it or not. (Y/N) is pretty attached to you and as much as I resent what you're doing right now, so am I. We're not going anywhere unless you keep burying everyone with your impulses." "You're really one to talk about impulses and sticky situations. 99 percent of your life has been spent digging your own graves, laying in them, then climbing out of them." I could feel the irritation. "Alright, this is just going to get ugly. I can tell. Fine, let's do it this way. I spoke to my mother, she is willing to forgive you." Dark said. "Forgive me?" Asmoday asked. "For what? Things weren't quite working out, you know." "Because of...?" Asmoday took the hint. "Fine, so maybe I should've taken things slower, but at least admit I'm better than the other dude. She can at least talk to me...I at least remember all her favorite things." "Fine, you're better than all the others. Ego stroked?" "Thoroughly." Asmoday replied. "Great. Back to reality. She's willing to forgive you. That's another ally in your corner. We're willing to look past these...matters if you're willing to get this silly impulsive shit out of your system and figure yourself out. You used to be level-headed, apparently." I nudged Dark. "What?" he asked. "It's true. Dude was a justice...that's a pretty big deal." "I heard you were once a king and then you fucked everything into next week." Asmoday said. "That's not the point." Dark protested. "It sounds like there could be a point there. Should we delve into that?" "No...look, alright, I've had my moments too. Whatever. I moved past them...sort of." he sighed. "Do you wanna start over, or are you happy being so damn wishy-washy? I need to know. I have to plan accordingly." Asmoday looked over at me and then back to Dark. "I guess I need a vacation to get this curiosity out of my system. Just give me a month or so to try everything once." I was relieved to hear it, and deep down Dark was, too. He may never admit it, but he was deathly afraid of losing Asmoday.  "Good luck vacationing. You're on call all the time." "I promise not to watch emotional tv shows." I said. "Bullshit." Dark replied. I rolled my eyes. "If it helps him, I'll do it." Dark looked at Asmoday. "She's going to binge watch Parenthood tonight. You'll be back before sundown." I elbowed Dark in the ribs hard enough to make something snap. He gave me a dirty look and pressed a hand to his side until it healed. "You will be making up for that one later." he snarled. I just rolled my eyes. "What are you still sitting here for? Go exploring. You've got a lot of...doing whatever it is demons do." I said, looking at Asmoday. "You still don't know what we do?" Dark asked. "Well..." I leaned in close and whispered in his ear. "I know you fuck like animals. Maybe you and I should do that later?" I heard a hint of a chuckle. "Maybe we should." he whispered back. Asmoday gave us a a strange look before disappearing. I looked at Dark who looked a bit worn out. "Long day?" I asked. "Too long. That little talk...I've been prepping for it for weeks, and honestly, it was harder than I thought it'd be...glad it's over. I'm also glad it's just me and you right now. I've missed you." He leaned in to kiss me, but was stopped by a sound I couldn't hear. I noticed him tip his head a bit and listen harder. "Is everything okay?" He didn't respond. "I don't think so." he replied, getting up. "Stay here. Something is wrong..."