The Hunters

Disclaimer: Credit goes to Rick Riordan.

 note: OC

A hunter's life is never easy. Of course you'd never know. While you mortals are complaining about school work and relationship problems, us hunters are out there protecting you guys from harm.

Today marks my tenth year of being a hunter. Of course I would never age. That's cuz I'm immortal. Okay, maybe not fully immortal... But I won't die of sickness or age. I'd probably die fighting my last monster.

I'm Alice Moon. Cool name right? Either ways, hunters are suppose to repel boys. So like an ordinary hunter, I don't mix well with boys. Especially those who flirt. I hated all boys I've met during my hunting years, like many. There was one guy that didn't have a repelling mode for the hunters. That guy was Percy Jackson. Technically it's because he saved Artemis, and Olympus. But also, Percy never flirted with anyone of us. Even our previous lieutenant, Zoe Nightshade, actually accepted him.

So today, I was going to Camp Half-Blood. We've been going there quite often since our current lieutenant, Thalia Grace, often went there to see her friends. The hunters and demigods didn't really mix well. I guess it's because we've been winning them non-stop. We've not been playing Capture the Flag for quite some time with them. Why? It's probably cuz we know we'd loose to them. Now, they had Percy Jackson - saviour of Olympus. Twice.

"Hey girls, you want to come to camp? Of course you could rome around here in New York. See you guys at camp borders at 5!" Thalia said as she dashed into Camp Half-Blood.

The rest of us shifted uncomfortably. We never really enjoyed camp. Maybe we could talk some girls to become hunters? The only thing restricting those girls were the fact that they had to be boy repelling. We almost accepted a girl called Annabeth Chase, but she backed out at the last moment. I knew she eventually got together with Percy Jackson. Together, those two were undefeatable.

I really didn't want to go to camp. It reminded me of my time in the Hermes cabin. I felt unwanted. Why? My mum's a minor god - Tyche goddess of fortune and luck. When I became a hunter, I didn't know Percy would save the day and bring most of the cabins back. But I'm fine... I love my time as a huntress. I never age, that's the best thing. I'm still 15 years-old, although I'm supposed to be 25. Totally fine with me.

"Okay! Let's go beat the pulp out of Jackson!" Some hunter cheered.

Yes, everyone liked kicking Percy Jackson's butt - that's the truth. Of course, it was hard to ever defeat him. After all, he saved the gods' twice. Twice for gods' sake! Amazing, huh?

***

So that's another fun one shot. I know I should've written more about their lives and such, but I felt it'd be a bit boring. So yeah.