Chapter 12 (Game on)

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude the other day" said Omar looking at Mayar . She was looking the other way. 

"I'm sure you didn't. It just your nature " she said without even looking at him. 

"Oh, come on now. Don't be mean. I said I'm sorry" he said knowing that she would face him now.  

"Never mind. Let's put it behind us. We are family now, I suppose. We'll have to act like it."she said thinking about her sister and her bad luck. And it's all because of his brother. 

"Oh, you are saying : we have to deal with each other from now on. Only because we have to. I have to disagree with you. We all made our choices. It's not like we made your sister marry my brother against her will. She said yes. It was her choice." He said feeling so defensive for his brother.  

"Oh, it was her choice. Is that really what you think? Or are you just defending your dear brother ?" Said Mayar feeling an urge to throw something at him.  

"You know what, I'd rather we don't talk about them. We'll both take our family's sides. I have to go now anyway." He said and with a small salute he left. She stared at him for a while before he disappeared from her sight. The guy really got on her nerves. 

Mariam stepped into the house. She looked around, from side to side. She was dazzled at how big the house was, how old-fashioned. It was almost a castle. She didn't know why but she liked the place, somehow. It has a historical taste. Suddenly she sensed his presence, he had a distinctive smell, but she couldn't recognize the perfume kind..yet. She heard the door closed. And she turned around to face him. Only 2cm separated them. She felt nervous. She couldn't breathe easily. As if he were absorbing all the air. Leaving her breathless.  

"Don't worry, I haven't forgotten our deal. This is a paper-marriage. There are 20 rooms I'm this house, you are free to pick your room. I will only sleep here tonight as we don't want to draw attention to us. Other than that I'll in the army base. I will come from time to time to keep our profile checked." Youssef said feeling her gaze relieved by every word he say. He wasn't sure what to expect. 

"Good for you" she finally said. She took her shoes off. Obviously she was tired of the high heels. She held her dress up, enough to move easily then she went upstairs. 

In the morning, the sun was filling up the room. Youssef rose up , took a shower and put on his army suit. Today was a big day in the army and also in the ministry. He opened the door and although he knew she was there, somewhere in the house. He was surprised to see her ( first thing in the morning). She was dressed in a white blouse , a long blue skirt with a brown belt around her waist. A blue veil. He wondered what her hair looked like. He thought it was black similar to the color of her eyes. Might be long. It will suit her. He liked long hair.  

"Good morning, soldier." She said not leaving his gaze.  

"Good morning, ma'am" he said back, wondering if she suspected what he was thinking. He pushed the thought away as it was impossible for her to know. He passed by her and rushed out of the house.

Omar was at the ministry taking his new job as Vice President. Thinking that it was the deal they made. After negotiation, Youssef refused to take this job. He wanted nothing with politics and running the country. He wasn't here for this. He was here for one particular thing. The Army. Back at the base, Youssef was also taking his new position as the head of the army. Now the game was on.

Egypt was a huge country and it could be so dangerous if it was ruled by the right people. That's why Israel had kept it under its eyes. Spying on it and collecting informations. First with all the projects , then improving the army, and now the country was ruled by people they didn't know and wasn't sure if they could control them or not. Although it wasn't a big deal yet. But Israel wasn't going to wait till this becomes a problem. Phone calls had to be made.