Chapter 2

"Hey look out!" A stage light came crashing down onto the stage. Brian gulped, because he had been standing there just a few minutes ago.

"OK,"Kevin complained,"Isn't anybody checking this stuffs' safety. That has to be the 7th thing that has fallen down this week!"

Nick came wondering onto the stage holding two head sets and looking dazed, and frizzed,"Here AJ, it's all fixed."

"What happened to you?"AJ stared at Nick, Howie looked up at him too.

Tommy, the band member who plays the keyboard, came up behind Nick and touched his shoulders. Nick jumped, "He got a little shock backstage from one of the headsets. It was kind of funny." He chuckled.

Nick gaped at Tommy incredulously," I get electrocuted and you think it's funny?!"

"Yup, especially when your hair did that little dance. Oh come on, it didn't hurt,"Tommy pushed at Nick,"It just shook you up some."

Nick made a face at Tommy, then he laughed," Ok, it was funny, and it would have been even funnier if it had been YOU!" Nick tripped Tommy and ran off. Tommy caught himself before he fell, and stared after Nick with his mouth open.

"I'll get him,"Tommy promised.

"Man, this is weird. I mean, I expected things to get better after we got back to the States, but these little accidents are getting ridiculous!"Howie grumbled,"I think it's time we reviewed our staff."

"You mean fire people?"asked AJ.

"Well if they can't do their jobs... I mean, we've been lucky so far, but that light could have hit someone,"Howie and AJ veered around the light and the newly aquired hole in the stage it had made. Four stage men had already jumped on stage trying to figure out what happened.

Kevin was standing with them,"I just don't understand, that light was quadruple bolted down. It couldn't have come done.. Not by itself anyway! Somebody had to have tampered with it!"

"But that's impossible, no one has been up there since me!" Steve, another stage man complained," And I didn't do it. I wouldn't do a thing like that. I gotta walk across this stage too ya know!"

"I can't explain it,"Paul looked at Kevin,"I'm sorry, but it looks like sabotage."

"So we should call the police right?"Brian poked his head into the conversation.

Paul and Steve nodded,"That would be the wise thing to do. They may launch a full scale investigation... If someone is out to get you boys..."

"Ok, we'll call them,"Kevin looked shook up by that tidbit of unwanted information.

The police investigation was forced to go on around stage rehearsal the next day. The police had been there all night investigating and could not find a thing. They were under the stage the next morning drinking coffee and eating donuts that the Boys provided. The Boys requested permission to go on and rehearse, and the police let them. They couldn't find anything wrong with the stage, they had even brought in experts. For all they knew this was a publicity stunt, but the Boys had been nice enough.

The coffins rolled onstage for "Everybody." "Ok, here goes!" the technician backstage gave a thumbs up. The band started playing the introduction to "Everybody" The coffins were opened to reveal all 5 Backstreet Boys wearing normal practice clothes. Brian began the opening verse from inside the coffin. They all stepped out on "Backstreet's back alright!" The usual explosion went off.