Chapter 4(Edited)

Xiao shine, Rain's sister is currently on her way home after partying all night with her friend, JianWei.

   Right now she is sitting inside a taxi heading to their apartment unit with a headache because of hangover.

   When shine arrives at the condo, she open the door and call out for her sister knowing that she is always at home.

  "Sister!" she calls putting her things at the table before heading to her sister's bedroom, thinking that her sister is still asleep since it's still early in the morning.

Opening the door of her sister's bedroom she didn't see anyone. The bathroom inside is also empty so she became confused.

   "Where are you sis?" She wonders. She knows that her sister usually goes out of the house early in the morning but it's just during mondays but today is tuesday.

   She decided to go to the living room first to sit down because her headache is worsening even though she already take a medicine for hangover. Closing her eyes and sitting down, she didn't notice the book on the sofa. Shine just felt something hard on her bottom before opening her eyes and pulling the object that she just sat on out of her seat.

   Seeing that the object that she just sat on was a book, she became more confused. She know her sister too well, she knows that her sister doesn't like her precious books loitering around the apartment...So, why is a book here ?.

    She stared the book. The book is thick and has a red cover. 'Weird' she thought to herself. She felt like something is wrong with the book...it gives her the creeps. She read the title that was written in a bold golden letters "The Rise of the unfavoured princess" She doesn't know why but it seems like a mysterious force is compelling her to read the contents of the book. The book is really old but its still readable.

    Sitting down again, she opened the book. The story was written in chinese. Slowly she began to read, forgetting everything around her, even the thing about her sister.

  After an hour of reading...Shine pretty much understands the plot of the story. The story is about a princess who is unfavored by her father the emperor because of her mother's deeds. Her mother a concubine of Second rank was too calculating that she drugged the emperor when the emperor was out of the palace and just eating at a famous restaurant owned by her mother's family.

  That day her mother, after drugging the emperor with aprosidiac, offered herself willingly. When the emperor regained his sanity he was so angry that he choked her mother but was threatened by her mother that if the emperor killed her, the prime minister's household would take revenge for her sake.

Hearing the threat, the emperor left in anger knowing that the power of the prime ministers house was not to be under estimated.

  After weeks gone by, her mother just showed up inside the palace declaring in front of the emperor and the officials present, as well as the future empress that she is pregnant with the emperor's child. Her mother's timing is really not very good since that day is the official wedding day of the emperor and the future empress.

  The emperor was very, very angry. When he was about to deny the information, people from the prime minister's house entered the palace doors bringing the manager and the waiter that had served the emperor at the restaurant and serving them as a witness for the event that happened but they left out the detail that the sister of the prime minister had drugged the emperor and saying that the emperor should take responsibility. The prime minister as well as other officials who are in the prime minister side kneeled and beg for the emperor to accept the primeminister's sister as his wife.

  The emperor gritted his teeth knowing that he has less power than the prime minister in the court. Without much choice he decided to accept the primeminister's sister as his concubine.

That event has not been erased in the emperors memory as well as the empress since her wedding day was ruined. That is why the princess lives a life of seclusion. She lives in a small courtyard and a cold palace, unfavored by her father the emperor and much more by the empress. Her mother died when she gave birth to her younger sister.

  The princess led a lonely life until an opportunity came, a marriage was offered in the Guāng kingdom by the Shuí kingdom to form a permanent alliance. This is where the journey of the unfavored princess began...

    Shine did not realized that she fell asleep in the sofa with the book on top of her stomach.

-J