1

"This is fucking bullshit!" I yell, slamming my fist on Fowler's desk, making a loud bang. "You fucking know what happened. You know and yet you want me to be partners with this thing?!"

Fowler sighed, having dealt with my outbursts before, "I can't control what the government wants. Detective Reed, you either work with the Android or you hand in your badge."

"Fuck you," I say, throwing my badge on his desk. "You just lost one of the best detectives you'll ever have."

I trudge out, slamming his glass door and having half of the department look at me. Anger dripped off of my body as I grabbed my keys and wallet off my desk.

I walk out of the department, everyone staring at me in shock before I opened the door to the outside.

"Reed, wait a minute," someone called from behind me.

"What is it now?" I say with an infuriated tone.

Anderson approached me and he shook his head, "what the hell is wrong with you? Just give the droid a chance. I know that what happened involved an android but that was an old one, just beginning one. Reed, you don't know what you're losing when you walk out of this department. Trust me, I know. You know what happened to my son. But I met Connor. I wasn't happy with it but Connor has proven himself to me. Please, just think about it. I'll tell Fowler and you can call me or him when you've decided whether or not you really want to leave. It's not worth it to lose everything you worked for over an android."

I huff, knowing he's right. My chest feels tight with the pain wrapping itself around it. "Fine. Just... give me a few days to figure everything out, okay?" I say, using a soft tone.

"Alright. I know we're not friends, but call me if you need something," he says, patting me on the shoulder.

My shoulders droop and my head lowers as memories flash into my head. "Okay... Thanks, Anderson."

I rarely ever use manners but he didn't look surprised when I said thank you. He just gave a soft smile and nodded his head slightly. He walked back inside while I dragged my feet to my car.

This was going to be a long night.

•How was this?•