Chapter 6

Hello all, soo over 30 reads! hehe I was soo excited I started yelling and my sisters like UHHHH....  she still refuses to read it ): But thanks so much y'all, it means so much <3 the song is over in the sidebar!  xoxo

~Madison's POV~

I was running down a dirt trail and I kept tripping over roots or rocks and I kept falling but I just got up and continued to run. I was scared. Terrified actually. Fear was all that I was feeling and I was constantly looking over my shoulder for something.

I could feel my heart racing and my brow was beginning to sweat. I looked over my shoulder one more time, and at that exact moment my foot rammed into a root that was sticking right out of the ground, and I went flying through the air. I landed and I felt a sharp pain shoot through my knee but I knew I couldn't stop. I forced myself to get up and I looked over my shoulder one last time just as a figure rounded the corner, coming straight at me. It was dark so I couldn't see their face.

My body froze in terror. I just knew that I was scared of this person. I didn't want anything to do with them.

I opened my mouth and screamed, "LIAM!" just as the my chaser stepped into the moonlight and I saw it was Harry.

**

"Madison? Madison?! Wake up!" I felt someone shaking my shoulder gently as my eyes fluttered open and I was pulled from my nightmare. When my eyes adjusted to the light I saw that it was Harry and an instant wave of guilt washed over me as I recalled the dream. "Are you okay?" He asked gently, pushing back my hair with one hand and caressing my cheek with the other. I closed my eyes and leaned into his touch, looking for comfort.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a bad dream..." I whisper and he puts his arm around me, pulling me close to his body. I bury my face in the crook of his neck as he slowly runs his fingertips along my bare back, barely touching my skin and giving me goosebumps. He knew that was my weakness. 

"It's okay baby, I'm here." Even though I couldn't stop thinking about Liam, I really did love Harry, he was the best friend I ever had and one of my favorite people in the world. Plus he really made me happy and actually made me feel like I was meant for something. He was so good to me and loved me so much. It wasn't fair that I couldn't help what I felt for Liam, even though... I didn't exactly know what that feeling was...

Before I even realized it, a tear slid from my eye and landed on Harry's neck. He felt it and lifted my chin so I was looking at him. Then he wiped some more tears from eyes so gently and lovingly and kissed my nose. "Don't cry baby, I'm right here. I won't let anything hurt you, I promise."

"I love you, Harry." I whispered into his shoulder and then kissed his neck softly. Why do I feel like I'm trying to convince myself that I do? I frowned at the thought. No, you love Harry. You don't even know Liam, so just forget about him. I forced myself to think.

He ran his fingers through my hair soothingly, "I love you too, Madison." and for some reason or another, I just started sobbing. Tears were flowing out of my eyes and onto Harry and I was hiccuping. He just continued to run his hand along my back and the other one squeezing me closer, and he was singing softly, She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5.

I don't mind spending everyday,

out on your corner in the pouring rain.

Look for the girl with the broken smile,

Ask her if she wants to stay and while.

And she will be loved,

She will be lo-o-oved.

He just kept repeating it over and over again until eventually the tears stopped coming and my eyes were fluttering closed. The last thing I remember is him kissing the top of my head and whispering, "You have no idea how much I love you Madi, you are everything to me."

~Harry's POV~ 

She looked so peaceful while she slept in my arms, like nothing in the world could bother her. But something was bothering her. First she had a nightmare and she woke up screaming, then she just laid here in my arms and cried herself to sleep. Even though that bothered me, what bothered me more than anything was the fact that while she was screaming, she was screaming for Liam. Not her mum, not her dad, not me, but Liam. Why?