"Nannu?" (He called her but she didn't respond )

"NANNU" (This time he called her a li'l loudly and thankfully she responded.)

"Ye...yes Manik."

"What has happened Nannu? You seem so off. Is everything alright? "

"Err...Ma...Manik

And before she could say anything she fell unconscious in his arms.

"Nannu. Nannu. Hey love wake up. If this is any prank you're playing on me then I won't spare you."

He patted her cheeks and then he realised she was burning with fever.

"Damn. How come she has this high fever."

He hurriedly took her in his arms and carried her to her room and carefully placed her in the bed all tucked up in a warm blanket. He took out his phone and called the doctor.

Later he realised even Navya was at home too he went downstairs and called her .

" Navya. Navya!! Where are you??"

There wasn't any reply from her and he dialled her number. And thankfully she answered the call.

"Hey Navya. Wherever you are just come to Nandu's room ASAP. It's an emergency. "

And he cut the call without listening to her. And he went back to Nandini.

Navya came running to Nandini's room. She was shocked to see Manik there.

"Manik. You? I mean when did you come?"

"Navya. It's not important. For now Nandini is important."

"What happened to her?"

"She's burning with fever. I've called the doctor. He must be here anytime."

Only then the doorbell rang indicating the doctor's arrival. Manik ran towards the door and came back soon with the doctor.

Doctor came and checked Nandini's temperature and other regular check up. He stood up and came to Manik and Navya.

"From when is she having fever?"

"I don't know doc. She told me she travelled all night in bike. And now when I met her an hour back she fainted and only then I got to know she's suffering from fever." Manik said.

Navya pov:

Travelling all night. I guess Nandini hasn't talked with Manik about last night yet. And she was even looking stressed up. I guess right now it's better for me to stay quiet.

Pov end

"But she told me that it was raining last night...

Before Navya could complete Manik interrupted her.

"What?? That means she was travelling all night in rain??"

"Hmm. Might be because of rain she got fever. But we've to do her blood test. It's better not to take any risk as she's got very high fever. So for now let's take her to the hospital."

"Okay doctor. You're right. I'll shift Nandini to the car Navya come along."

Manik carried Nandini in her arms and took her to the car. Navya followed them. Manik carefully placed her in the backseat.

"Manik. Right now you're worried and panic striken. You won't be able to drive properly. So lemme drive."

"Hmm..alright"

Navya was driving the car and doctor was sitting beside her at the passenger seat. And Manik was sitting at the backseat with Nandu in her lap.

They were in a jiffy but Mumbai's traffic was something they couldn't ignore.

"God damn this traffic." Manik was frustrated

Navya took a u-turn and took a short cut to the hospital and finally after half an hour drive in the narrow road they were in front of the hospital.

Manik again carried unconscious Nandu in his arms and hurried inside. Doctor was also coming behind him.

Doctor came from back and placed his hands in Manik's shoulder to relax him a bit.

"Relax young man. She'll be fine. For now you go and get her admitted and complete the formality. "

"Admit? Why do we need to admit her?"

"Nothing. We need to check her blood and if there's something we need to keep her under observation."

"Okay."

Doctor called the ward boy and asked him to shift Nanu to a cabin. Manik went to the reception to complete the formalities.

Soon Manik completed the formality and went to the cabin where Nandu was kept. As he went inside his eyes were ready to bulge out off his sockets.

.
.

.
.
.
..
.
.
..
The doctor was about to pierce a needle in Nandu's arms while another injection was already in her hands connected to a drip which supplied her with saline water.

"What the hell??" Shouted Manik.

"She's just got high fever. She hasn't got any deadliest disease that you've to pierced her skin so harshly. What's the need to do that?? She must be so hurt. Leave her. Leave her right away. I'm warning you..."

Navya came inside running listening to Manik's shout.

"Manik. Manik calm down. Let them do their work. They aren't harming Nandu. They're doing it for her betterment. Calm down please. Come with me now."

And Navya forcefully dragged Manik out of the cabin.

¤¤¤

Sorry to bore you all and for the short update. It's just I don't want to write long for the response I've been getting so less votes compared to the number of views. If you guys aren't liking the plot or anything you guys can freely give me the feedbacks and tell me what I am lacking I wouldn't mind that at all. I'm really happy that my first story got 2k+ reads but only 250+ votes is really dissapointing. And I love all my active readers😘😘❤

Love 😘❤❤
Aayushma ❤❤