chapter 4

There was an awkward silence. Neither Jake nor she, opened their mouths. He now came to know that he was actually talking to the girl from the dance competition!! The girl who refused to appreciate him!! The girl who gave him a death glare and walked off?!! He sat up on his bed thinking what to do next.

Jake's pov:

"U...",words got stuck on my throat. I couldn't speak anything. I actually felt embarrassed for what I did a bit earlier. I literally described a girl..without knowing that I was describing the same girl I was talking to..what a shame . I just held the phone in my hand.

"Yes!!", She whispered . My heart started throbbing and my breath hitched my throat. I gulped down hard before I tried something to put up to finish this awkward silence.

"How did you get my number?", I asked a question which nagged me from a moment ago and also used it as a chance to change the topic to hide my embarrassing situation like nothing happened .

"Somewhere..", she said casually . I raised my brows in amusement. She has somehow managed to find my number and that thought itself made me smile. She was angry on me that day, but why is she speaking now?? I got more confused.

"But none of my friends know about you or your team mates...then how did you manage to find mine?", I asked a question which kept bugging me for a while now.

"So..u tried to find me too?",she asked. Oh my gosh! What have I done? I hit my forehead with my left hand. I just confessed that I also did the same?! I kept messing up things which has never happened before. The feeling of embarrassment was getting worse. Suddenly I heard her clearing her throat.

"So..?", I simply said to better up the situation.
"Hmm..?",she just hummed in questioning tone.
So..I have to speak up now? fine!

"Which year you are in?", I asked her so that I may know atleast something about her. Till now I know nothing about her. I just thought of asking my friends to find something about her..but didn't. They'll start to tease me then. Till now i haven't been behind any girls. Only they come behind me..

"I'm in my first year high school and you?",she asked me back and i felt amused. She even found out my number. Doesn't she know in which year I am ? I smirked at that thought.

"You texted me without even knowing that?", I questioned sarcastically without letting the smirk fade off.

"Ok..okay fine!! I know that you are in your final year",she sounded defeated after two seconds of silence. And I didn't know what was that much funny to make me laugh out loud, but I did.

"Wooww..you do laugh. Hmm...that's nice", she commented and slowly my laughter died down. I scratched the back of my neck as I smiled. Then silence fell on both the sides.

"So..let me introduce myself", she started breaking the silence and I shifted comfortably from where I sat earlier. I saw myself strangely getting more interested in this conversation. she kept silent for a few seconds and I realized that she was waiting for any sign from me.

"Go ahead", I said simply.
"From now on..I'm Jewel for you okay?", She said and giggled, but I furrowed my brows.

"I mean..you can call me jewel and I'll call you Toby. That's your second name right?",she asked me a surprising question. She already know many things about me?wow.

"Yes.. okay", I said smiling cause nobody calls me by my second name except my nanny who's still working in my home. I wondered how she was. It's been four years now since I saw her. I sighed inwardly.

"If it's over..I have to go to sleep now. It's really late..and I have some commitments tomorrow", I told her.

"If you don't mind..can you tell me what's that?" Oh God!!this girl is talking much and also questioning a lot. I rolled my eyes.

"We have freshers party tomorrow..and I'm in charge of all those arrangements", I said simply.In our school, freshers join a month late than us, unlike other schools in town. It's past midnight and I'm talking in phone more than twenty minutes!? I usually don't talk much..but today it just happened! I took in a deep breath before letting it out.

"Ooh..that's great! Okay then..have fun. Bye good night", she said to which I reciprocated and cut the call.

I laid properly on bed and starred at the ceiling. I strangely felt happy that day without any specific reason. And also..I smiled too much that day. I shook my head." Jake..you shouldn't be feeling this way. Just ignore her and mind your own business", my conscious said to me , and I closed my eyes to finally get some sleep.

* * *
I was instructing some of my boys to make some arrangements like final touchups for the freshers party that was about to start in few minutes. As I'm in charge of all these arrangements, I have to check whether everything was okay.

Slowly freshers started to come and soon the hall was filled with all new and already seen faces. It began after a small speech by our headmaster. Then light music started playing in the background and everyone started enjoying the party. But I stood by a corner of the hall and watched everyone . Some girls were giving light movements according to the music, some guys chatting and laughing and some..having soft drinks and some dishes. I stood there for few minutes without moving as I placed my hands inside the pockets. A silent sigh left my lips when I saw everything was okay. I turned to leave ,when someone bumped into me leaving me gasp. I stood there straight and my hands hanging in air trying to figure out what just happened.

I narrowed my eyes at the person who stood in front of me. That was a girl. I couldn't see her face, since she was much shorter than me and was looking at something! I immediately looked down at where she was glancing and then I found out what just happened. The girl closed her mouth in shock , because she has spilt a drink in my expensive blue shirt. Dammit! I clenched my jaw before raising my eyes to meet hers and found her already starring at me with wide eyes. Her half the face was covered with her hands but I could see her eyes. Slowly my eyes also grew wider when something hit me.

The same sapphire blue eyes!!!

Vote , comment and share to show your views. Hope you liked it. See ya:)