0.

JUSTJAREDJR.COM

HONORING OUR 2016 YOUNG RISING STAR OF THE YEAR

December 31, 2016

LOS ANGELES  -- Manhattan Beach actress Emmaline Goulding wasn't born with the urge to become a star

LOS ANGELES -- Manhattan Beach actress Emmaline Goulding wasn't born with the urge to become a star.

There were practical reasons that pushed the 16-year-old into her acting career, which recently took her to the Sundance Film Festival. Next week she'll be at the Los Angeles International Film Festival, where she'll be recognized as one of four up-and-coming actors chosen for the annual Rising Star program, which is what put her at the top of the list for our own Rising Star of the Year!

"My brother (Ossie Goulding: now a Vine and Youtube Star) wanted to become an actor and I used to do gymnastics and I kind of just fell into it to get money to pay for the travel expenses," Goulding says. "Throughout the years I continued and I eventually stopped gymnastics because it was too demanding and I wanted to pursue acting. And so here I am. I'm trying to make it more of a career now. It's getting a bit more serious."

Indeed, Goulding's career has soared since she made a splash as insightful survivor, Eleanor, in AMC's hit TV show "The Walking Dead" in 2013.

"It was kind of the role that you'd never expect to have fall into your lap, and those usually end up being the most memorable." she says.

Goulding's other credits have included "The Book Thief" with Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson, "Pawn Sacrifice" with Tobey Maguire and Liev Schreiber, and "Mean Dreams," which is at this year's Sundance film fest, but most people like hearing about her time as a zombie killer.

"It makes sense," Goulding laughing, replying to the comment. "A lot of people love the show and wonder what it's like to be a part of such a popular series. Everyday on set is a different experience, there's always something new to see or do. Always people to meet and friends to make. I wake up every morning excited to go to work."

When asked about her relationship with costar and onscreen romance, Chandler Riggs, Goulding appeared unable to answer the question and then changed the subject.

"He's a very intelligent and driven person, who has a lot going for him in life and his accomplishments now are just a small insight of what he's capable of. May I have a glass of water?"

After what some fans assumed to be a major blow out in the friendship of the actors after the Riggs posted a slam poem titled 'For Emma, Forever Ago' that accuses Goulding of leading him on and rejecting him. Hours after it was posted on the site Tumblr.com, Riggs deactivated all of his public social media profiles and has not resurfaced since, including refusing to do interviews and attend events outside of his 'Walking Dead' duties. Neither have made any comments about the apparent feud, either.

Fortunately, their possible real-life indifference had not affected the few short scenes of a growing young romance between Carl and Eleanor, so we can tip our hats to them for that.

So as we ring in the new year, let's give a round of applause to this upcoming actress! And although this article is about her achievements as a fantastic performer, we can't help but close it out with hope that 2017 is the year she and Chandler rekindle their friendship.

JustJaredJr.com