THIRTY-FIVE - THE ONE WHO WANTS HER BACK

MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

ALSO, HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT ME MAYBE CHANGING ELIANA'S NAME?? (ELLISE, ALANA, ARIELLE, SUGGESTIONS??)

word count: [2346]

Things have been slow since I've come back home. I've tried to start working at Sharon's again to transition back into my normal life, but people kept on following me everywhere I went—the paparazzi, fans, strangers who were just curious. Instead, I opted to stay in my room and despite what Hazel said, it wasn't because I was still depressed.

Some days, I still thought about him. On some days, I wonder what he's doing. I wonder if he is still with her. I wonder if he is happy before I stop myself because I want to stop thinking about him. I want to move on.

Other days I survive the whole day without thinking about him. I don't think about him until the very, late hours when I'm alone in my bed, right before I succumb to sleep. Those days are better. Those days I know I can move on. Those days I know that I'm already slightly there.

Today is one of the other days. That's how I know that it's going to be a good day.

Well, that's what I thought.

My phone started ringing, and I saw that it was Hazel who was calling me.

"Hey," she said and her voice was soft. That threw me off immediately.

"What's wrong?" I asked, scared and irritated. Hazel is not the type to beat around the bush about things. She's usually blunt. This could only mean bad things are going to come out of her mouth.

"Brandon's in town." She said it very quickly like she was ripping a band-aid straight off.

"What?" I inhaled. "What do you mean he's here?" My ears must be deceiving me.

"I saw it online. There are pictures of him at the airport. Here."

"Why is he here?" I asked her like she knew the answer, but I knew she didn't have any answers for me. At this point, I was just desperate. "I was just— I mean why—"

"It's okay," she talked gently to me. "I get it. I don't know why, but that doesn't mean anything."

I place my hands over my face for a second. "We both know there's only one reason he's here."

"I know," she replied, "but that still doesn't mean anything. You don't have to see him or talk to him. You don't owe him anything."

"I know," I groaned, "but I was just starting over. How am I supposed to—"

Suddenly, there was a knocking at my door.

"I think he's here," I told her.

"I could come over if you want," she offered.