EP 24: IT FELT TOO EASY

Episode 24: It Felt Too Easy

I creept into the warehouse, a feeling of nostalgia hits me hard. This was where it all began --- the guns, bloody hands, friendships and the process of transforming your heart into a piece of steel, void of emotions.

Scanning my surroundings, I sprinted from one end of the room to another. The voices were heading to my direction. Grey timed it perfectly, my entrance would be epic.

Sitting on one of the bar stools, I sat in the pitch dark bar room. I poured myself a glass of whiskey, taking a sip of its burning liquid.

Just on time, Kara switched on the lights with the rest of the gang standing behind her.

" Hello boys, fancy seeing y'all again" I dragged my words, a grin on my lips. Their faces were priceless, especially Kara whose mouth was ajar.

" ALEXANDER WILDE!" Barry shoved through the crowd to embrace me in a hug. I laughed in response when more of the gang members came jumping on me.

Kara cleared her throat, grabbing someone harshly from behind the corner. That was when my smile fell.

" Xander..." Gabriel spoke in a bare whisper, his bottom lip was dried with blood and just above his eyebrow was a gash, blood trinkling down his forehead. My fists clenched, along with my jaw.

The boys stepped aside when they felt me tense up.
" You might have missed him boys, but remember who you work for. Me and only me. You got that?" Kara commanded, which made them nod curtly, stepping back in line.

If looks could kill, Kara would be long dead. The boys sat Gabriel down on a chair, before tying him up. Grey stood behind Gabriel, giving a subtle wink.

" You know Alex, I'm glad you came. " Kara swung a gun around her finger playfully.

" Let Gabriel go and you'll get my position, just don't lay another fuvking finger on him. I swear to god Kara, I will snap your neck if you do so." I had to be cautious right now, knowing that she had a loaded gun but I couldn't help it --- she had my Gabriel.

She lets out a cackle of laughter, in some way mocking me.
" because of your stupid irrational boyfriend I LOST THAT CHANCE! He burned the fucking birth certificate so there is no prove that I'm your wife."

Thank the Lord you're not my wife then.

" You burned Angie's birth certificate?" I turned towards Gabriel, I didn't know how to feel about that.

" Now both of you might as well die! If it weren't for both of you, I would have been the first female mobster boss in russian history!" Kara screamed, balling her fists.

I was convinced that she was insane.

Licking my lips, my eyes met Kara's emerald ones. I had to use the sexual ticket now. Getting off from the bar stool, I walked towards her. She began to fumble around with the gun, I knew that my brown orbs were her weakness.