5. Training with Hangovers

The next day I was woken up way too early ya my stupid alarm clock. Last night India and I went out to explore and shop for new, more weather appropriate clothes. And we may have gone to a party or two...My head was killing me.
I walk downstairs to find India dancing in the middle of the kitchen making coffee. She was dancing. What the fuck. I feel like hell and she looks like she just came back from a photo shoot! She continues dancing without noticing me. I clear my throat loudly and she jumps.
"Issa! You look like shit." She laughs. I stare at her deadpan. "Here take this babe." She hands me a cup of coffee and two small pills.
"Didn't know you dealt drugs." I smirk.
"Didn't know you drank so much." She smirks back. To be honest neither did I. Last night got out of hand.
I got up to go get dressed when I finished. I already felt better. I got out my athletic bag that held everything I needed for training including a water bottle, hand wraps, combat boots, daggers, a hand gun, and mandatory training clothes.
When I was finally ready my hair was tied back into a low ponytail, I was wearing a black cropped tank top that hugged my stomach and thick black leather training pants along with of course my famous combat boots.
India and I left early to find the training building. Inside it was several sparing rings, weights, punching bags, treadmills, rock walls, climbing ropes, knife throwing targets etc. Sadly India and I don't have the same S.O. But we'd be able to train together when the groups collaborate.
We eventually had to part ways and I made mine toward Liam. Who was going at it on a punching bag.
"What did that thing ever do to him?" A quiet voice said next to my ear, making me jump. I turn to punch Derek in the stomach.
"Paine two. Tate zero!" He laughed.
The others on our team show up quickly. The two males were tall and well built like Derek, all three had similar body types. While the the three of us girls were completely different. One girl was close to my body type just a bit shorter and more curvy. She had blond hair and blue eyes. Very pretty. The other girl was shorter than the blond girl and tiny with just a hint of curve. She was Hispanic and also very pretty.
We stood in a wide half circle around Liam. Waiting for him to take notice to us. I stood in between Derek and the blond girl. All of us stood with our hands behind our backs patiently. Well except Derek. I looked down to see him tapping his foot and knew that if Liam didn't stop soon... we'd probably all end up doing a group punishment. So I step on his shaking foot causing him to grunt quietly. Not quietly enough though because Liam's head snapped in our direction and he scouled at Derek.
"Ropes." Was all he said. His gaze fixed on Derek still.
I watched as Derek went first up the rope. His back muscles showed through his training shirt. He pulled himself up easily and was finished in no time. Then it was my turn. I looked up to see Elijah watching from across the way with a curious expression. Time to show off what I learned in the years he's been gone.
I grab the rope and start climbing. My time might even be faster than Derek's. I heard whistles from below as I scurry back down the rope with ease.
Everyone else went fast too. Not as fast as Derek and I but the taller male came close. I think he and the smaller girl are siblings..
After we went up and down the rope a few times in turns, we warmed up and started sparring in pairs. I was paired up with one of the guys. He said his name was Kyler I think. He was a good fighter but he had a problem with technique. I caught on to his pattern quickly and started blocking and dodging until he got tired and sweep kicked his legs out from under him, ending it with my foot on his chest to keep him down.
"Damn. You're good." He said out of breath. I smiled mischievously.
"I know." I winked at him. He was also good. If my father had trained him he would be a lot better though.
"Tate come here." Liam said with authority.
I helped Kyler up and walked over to my S.O. He looked me up and down with a knowing smirk and roundhouse kicked near my head. I caught it and threw his leg back down. I attempted a punch which he caught and we began to fight. We went on for quite a while, going back and forth on defense and offense. That is until he grabbed my arm and pulled me close. Our faces almost an inch apart. I catch my breath before he grabs the back of my knee knocking me to the ground. He looks around at my team who stopped sparring to watch the show.
"Lesson one. Never let your opponent distract y-" I sweep kick his leggings out from under him and get on top of him to hold him down.
"Lesson two. Don't take your eyes off your opponent." I say. My team mates chuckle. Everyone except Derek.
He sits under me a bit surprised before flipping us over so he was on top of me.
"I think you've been bested." He says. "You didn't even give poor Kyler a chance." He smirks.
"You just think you've bested me." I say knowingly.
"Well seeing as you're on the ground I'd- ahg!" I whipped my head forward and head butted him as hard as I could.
I stand up and just before I can pin him, he does a kick up. An incredibly impressive kick up...
I shake my head and block the blow I anticipated and knee him in the stomach three times. On the attempted fourth, he punched me in mine. Knocking the wind out of me before he wove a leg around the back of mine and pushed my by my opposite shoulder. He stopped me from falling on the ground and held me there before lifting me back up.
"Very good" he whispers to me. I smile and look at my team who were gawking at us. "Fine first day. I expect even better tomorrow. Fine isn't good enough. Dismissed."
I start walking away with the team when Liam grabs my elbow. "Not you Tate." He whispers.
"Need something?"
"First year, first day actually and you're already top of the entire class. How is that possible?" He asks.
"Was my brother not as successful his first year?" I ask.
He shakes his head. No? Huh. I can't help but stand a little straighter. Although that might be why my father trained me so much harder than him...
"You know of my father right? Well let's just say he had his methods to motivate perfection." I leave out the details of those said methods. Elijah can never know. No one can.
"Well good work today. Keep it up because at the end of the month we'll be doing actual matches. The best going against the best. No holding back." He says with a nod.
"You can call me Issa you know." I say just now realizing how close we were. I blush and step back.
He smiles and does the same and I turn to leave.
"See you later.... Issa."
As I head out the door.. I get that weird feeling that someone is watching me again.